Kraton $4.75 steering servo (flex) mount fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timritchieblue

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
IMG_0440.JPG
I seen the other post for fixing the steering mount. Figured I would post a economical fix.

m3 x 30mm standoffs
https://www.ebay.com/itm/272268241489

The mount is fine,, all the flex is in the plastic post.
IMG_0441.JPG

I used 30mm from info I got from other MODS,, but 20mm would prob work better. (Depending on how you want to mount your servo. Mine is pretty tall.

IMG_0442.JPG

Very simple to install the Aluminum post to plastic mount.

IMG_0443.JPG

Due to the height of my $13 servo.

http://www.banggood.com/JX-PDI-6221..._content=all&utm_campaign=toys-and-hobbies-US

I installed with the mount on the top of the servo. I did have to clearance the front for the steering rack arm to get full steering.. NO FLEX IN THIS MOUNT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Work, Tim!

As luck would have it, I have a spare plastic mount lying around. I think I will chop it up for my Kraton. :)

I did the DIY mount with the "Standard Servo Plate A" mount for my Talion. Sux that a $7 plate need $9 in shipping.

BTW, Welcome to Arrmaforums! I liked your posts over on URC...

Nice Work, Tim!

As luck would have it, I have a spare plastic mount lying around. I think I will chop it up for my Kraton. :)

I did the DIY mount with the "Standard Servo Plate A" mount for my Talion. Sux that a $7 plate need $9 in shipping.

BTW, Welcome to Arrmaforums! I liked your posts over on URC...

Thanks man, I'm liking my Kraton so far. Have a couple more projects going also (1/6 CEN with Xmaxx tires, & a XO-1)

I made some measurements and also decided to trade my taller Savox servo for another similar one that is the normal height of the stock servo. I went with 20mm posts, that leaves about 5mm of material on the original plastic mount which is 25mm overall.

What length standoff is needed for the stock servo? 20mm or 25mm? Thanks.

I'll be doing this on my Senton this weekend!
Thanks for the step-by-step.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back