Typhon 4 Month in, still no parts for the TLR Typhon. Ridiculous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ASC89040 is a direct fit for hinge pins, seems like they're getting harder to find though. I bought them like 2 months ago when I crashed the tlr into a tire lol, been using them ever since. It does suck arrma is slacking so much on parts though, especially when so much on the TLR is different from the typhon v5.

I took my TLR apart for this exact reason. After a few bumps and bruises I needed a few suspension parts and couldn't get them on Arrma's site. Jenny's is always helpful but who wants to pay $30 and up for a whole section when I really only need a $5 part. I found the part on the hinge pins for adjusting toe to be very weak and will break on any type of impact (wish they made those little pieces out of metal instead of composite plastic). The TLR is a racer for sure and not a real basher. I switched my use of it to strictly on-road then decided to just take it apart and build a upgraded on-road speed buggy AND a strictly off-road buggy using the parts of TLR that I liked (shocks, chassis, wing, motor mount, steering rack) combined with other parts I already had plus some new stuff I bought from Scorched, M2C, Hot Racing, etc.
As a side note the regular 6S hinge pins work also if you need to swap them out...but the hinge blocks themselves are a weak point for sure.

Last edited:
I took my TLR apart for this exact reason. After a few bumps and bruises I needed a few suspension parts and couldn't get them on Arrma's site. Jenny's is always helpful but who wants to pay $30 and up for a whole section when I really only need a $5 part. I found the part on the hinge pins for adjusting toe to be very weak and will break on any type of impact (wish they made those little pieces out of metal instead of composite plastic). The TLR is a racer for sure and not a real basher. I switched my use of it to strictly on-road then decided to just take it apart and build a upgraded on-road speed buggy AND a strictly off-road buggy using the parts of TLR that I liked (shocks, chassis, wing, motor mount, steering rack) combined with other parts I already had plus some new stuff I bought from Scorched, M2C, Hot Racing, etc.
As a side note the regular 6S hinge pins work also if you need to swap them out...but the hinge blocks themselves are a weak point for sure.
are you talking about those little black square things that the end of the hinge pin sits in? If so, I wonder if I made mine any more protected. I managed to get an exb bumper on my tlr but it wasn't a direct fit. I had to cut up that black piece that comes with the bumper that goes over the suspension mount, but it works. Was jumping my tlr a few days ago and it went well.

I wonder if i'm the only person with a truggified Typhon TLR that has mojave tires and an exb bumper haha.

are you talking about those little black square things that the end of the hinge pin sits in? If so, I wonder if I made mine any more protected. I managed to get an exb bumper on my tlr but it wasn't a direct fit. I had to cut up that black piece that comes with the bumper that goes over the suspension mount, but it works. Was jumping my tlr a few days ago and it went well.

I wonder if i'm the only person with a truggified Typhon TLR that has mojave tires and an exb bumper haha.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I hit a few "things"and the pins went through those little square things twice. I don't jump or anything but I was moving pretty fast for me at least (got my TLR up to 78mph). I was a little disappointed in how fragile it seemed. Gonna swap my TLR towers out for some Basherqueen Talion ones I've got laying around and put some nice aluminum blocks I found on eBay on it. The blocks have a grub screw on them to keep the pins tight. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/333910161573)

Don’t worry they will keep releasing new rigs though before they have part support lol
+1
1000% tru dat.

What really gripes me is that HH has not released the Dam pricing of these TLRT parts. Only part numbers.
That is truly the most unscroupulous part of all.

Think about that for a minute:
1-Kit breakers can sell them for whatever they want. We have no choice. That sucks.
2- It would be nice to know BEFORE buying any rig, what replacement parts WILL actually cost.
So HH puts these rigs in our hands, then post sale, can charge whatever they want, as we break parts. Then HH can charge $High$ on these most replaced parts. HH is waiting to see and decide just how much they can sell these TLRT parts for.
Ludicrous.
It is very obvious. The writing is on the wall. HH already knows how much these parts cost them. They want to wait and see how much bottom line they can squeeze out of us. Not feeling it. Seems greedy if you ask me. They are doing this with some other new rigs also . The TLRT has been out for some time now. The parts and part numbers exist. Because they are building this roller as we speak. But won't sell them retail or publish pricing yet???(n)
I bet if you ask them, they will somehow blame the pandemic and logistics. What else would they say? Of course that is BS. They think we are dumb. The HH Bean counters are probably to blame if you ask me.
I was very close to posting this exact same thread the other day.:(

HH, what's up with this????:mad:

Last edited:
+1
1000% tru dat.

What really gripes me is that HH has not released the Dam pricing of these TLRT parts. Only part numbers.
That is truly the most unscroupulous part of all.

Think about that for a minute:
1-Kit breakers can sell them for whatever they want. We have no choice. That sucks.
2- It would be nice to know BEFORE buying any rig, what replacement parts WILL actually cost.
So HH puts these rigs in our hands, then post sale, can charge whatever they want, as we break parts. Then HH can charge $High$ on these most replaced parts. HH is waiting to see and decide just how much they can sell these TLRT parts for.
Ludicrous.
It is very obvious. The writing is on the wall. HH already knows how much these parts cost them. They want to wait and see how much bottom line they can squeeze out of us. Not feeling it. Seems greedy if you ask me. They are doing this with some other new rigs also . The TLRT has been out for some time now. The parts and part numbers exist. Because they are building this roller as we speak. But won't sell them retail or publish pricing yet???(n)
I bet if you ask them, they will somehow blame the pandemic and logistics. What else would they say? Of course that is BS. They think we are dumb. The HH Bean counters are probably to blame if you ask me.
I was very close to posting this exact same thread the other day.:(

HH, what's up with this????:mad:
I have been in the hobby a very long time. I waited to grab an arrma until after the lawsuit. I still sat back and waited till v4 to get my first one as I was more of a nitro guy myself. I really thought arrma was going to have a say in their future this time…. Horizon hobby likes to ruin good things unfortunately. The fireteam in my opinion speaks big towards my suspicions.

Very similar to my story. I had my eye on an OC rig for a while back when. Saw the Hobbico debacle unfold. Didn't want a new shelf queen with no parts support. Been there already. HH picked up the Axial and Arrma brands and I jumped in. I waited quite a while however for the smoke to clear. Then my next one was a V4 Kraton. HH bought PL. Waiting to see how PL does. I always felt PL was mismanaged years past and got worse. PL had to bail out and HH got them along with Protoform a holding of PL for many years. PL saved Protoform years back. Now, I see some changes with PL now.
HH is very big now. Sometimes that is bad. Arrma has less control now, then when under Hobbico IMO. HH is creating the initial designs and just puts them on Arrma UK's desk to make happen. And there is a great QC disconnect between HH/Arrma and the Mfr source. Which is a mystery in China, who and where they are. Maybe it's better this way, that we don't know.:LOL: Imagine seeing the production facility and the type of conditions and labor that makes these Arrma products??? I can only imagine how bad it must be.

Yeah kit breakers save the day for sure. But they usually rely on retail list to guide their pricing. No pricing or retail parts mean the sky is the limt with Kitbreaker pricing. For instance do we really know how much a TLRT chassis actually costs, compared to Jennys pricing? Tough call there.;)

Exactly like NVIDIA and AMD.

Here... here's new, more expensive things. Buy these instead.
Exactly, in a couple of months EVGA will release the 3090ti Kingpin which will be a monster GPU, you can count on it it will be $3000 or over.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back