4082 hobbystar motor 1600kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello i searched the forum found lots of useful info about this topic but didn't find what i was looking for so my question is will this motor be enough for 4s and 6s bashing without heat issues and no fan? I know it can be used with the stock esc being its only 130amps but i want something that runs alot cooler than my stock blx in my outcast? And also will it have to much torque to trash the drivetrain even with the punch setting down? Thanks for the input

Hello i searched the forum found lots of useful info about this topic but didn't find what i was looking for so my question is will this motor be enough for 4s and 6s bashing without heat issues and no fan? I know it can be used with the stock esc being its only 130amps but i want something that runs alot cooler than my stock blx in my outcast? And also will it have to much torque to trash the drivetrain even with the punch setting down? Thanks for the input

I run that motor in a Kraton with max 8, It performs good and I have less heat issues under general use. It will get a little warm if the temps are in the high 80's into the 90's and I do a lot of top end stuff but I think I may be under geared a bit with a 16 tooth pinion. Have not tried an 18 yet to see if that helps any.

I run that motor in a Kraton with max 8, It performs good and I have less heat issues under general use. It will get a little warm if the temps are in the high 80's into the 90's and I do a lot of top end stuff but I think I may be under geared a bit with a 16 tooth pinion. Have not tried an 18 yet to see if that helps any.
Awesome yeah im debating between the 1600 or the 2000kv but I'm not sure as to which one would be best for general bashing and no speed runs really i looked into the 4092 but not sure if it fits in the outcast with mild trimming might barely fit.

I Considered the big can but decided I didn't need the extra weight and stress on the drivetrain. Went the lower KV route to try and beat the heat. Didn't figure 50 KV would make much difference.

I Considered the big can but decided I didn't need the extra weight and stress on the drivetrain. Went the lower KV route to try and beat the heat. Didn't figure 50 KV would make much difference.
So how do you like the 1600kv is it fast enough and what's the hottest you gotten it?

I'm satisfied with it. For the way I run as I said, I think it may be a tad undergeared. The 16 tooth is about the same top speed as the 12 tooth with the stock motor. It's been in the mid 170's a few times. But it was pretty warm out and I wasn't cutting it any slack.

I'm satisfied with it. For the way I run as I said, I think it may be a tad undergeared. The 16 tooth is about the same top speed as the 12 tooth with the stock motor. It's been in the mid 170's a few times. But it was pretty warm out and I wasn't cutting it any slack.
Perfect I'll consider that motor how's your drivetrain holding up? Any more wear than usual

The drivetrain has been fine. Other than center diff leakage, which has nothing to do with the motor. Only failures I've ever had were 2 broken diff pinions and a broken drive pin in the center diff, and that was when the BLX motor threw a magnet and locked up instantly at speed in grass with backflips on.

The drivetrain has been fine. Other than center diff leakage, which has nothing to do with the motor. Only failures I've ever had were 2 broken diff pinions and a broken drive pin in the center diff, and that was when the BLX motor threw a magnet and locked up instantly at speed in grass with backflips on.
Sounds good seems i always wear out the rear drive cups coming off the diff pretty fast even with the stock motor they always bore out even on 4s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back