Kraton 4092 1650KV motor ok with stock BLX185 ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLikeRCs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
I want to get a 4092 1650kv rocket motor since the stock one is overheating constantly (I think it's half broken or something, at the beginning it wasn't as bad as it is now) I already have 3 fans on my motor bruh. the esc doesn't overheat at all though which is weird!! So would it be ok to just use the stock esc with that motor or do I need a better one?

That would really be pushing the limits of the esc. Have you checked bearings on stock motor? Stock are not the best.

That would really be pushing the limits of the esc. Have you checked bearings on stock motor? Stock are not the best.
omg now that you say it I am noticing that the shaft where the pinion is is movable (with force) to one side or another!! Pretty sure the bearings in it are crushed. Do you know where to get new ones with cheap shipping to europe? oh and if it does finally fail, is there a better motor than stock that would be fine with the stock esc?

I want to get a 4092 1650kv rocket motor since the stock one is overheating constantly (I think it's half broken or something, at the beginning it wasn't as bad as it is now) I already have 3 fans on my motor bruh. the esc doesn't overheat at all though which is weird!! So would it be ok to just use the stock esc with that motor or do I need a better one?
What gearing are you using? Does it roll smoothly with the pinion removed?

Europe..no idea but you can get the bearing size from Jim's bearing.
Better than stock but same ESC, honestly I do not believe there is a better one.
You would have to upgrade the ESC to be 'better', which is a loose definition.

Stock with 2 fans on ~ 15T in grass is about as 'better' as you want to get. Higher T on dirt is ok.
I run that all day long.

running stock 12t pinion, but I run in (short/medium length) grass so that might also be why it overheats. What do you mean by roll smoothly? the shaft?
No the rest of the truck. Sounds like you found a bad bearing in the motor so disregard what I asked.

If you were using that many fans I would just find a pull off motor and replace it. Change bearings in old one then use it as a backup that's just what I would do chances are though if those magnets got hot one too many times you're constantly going to be chasing key problems with it you may be lucky and bearings will solve the issue but if you find yourself still having heat problems you may have taking out the magnets

I got these from Germany; hybrid ceramic, stainless steel, high rpm oil, tight tolerances for smooth and high rpm.
And like @jkflow mentioned, get the same bearing in size 5x16x5 for the front.
off topic; I see you‘re from Vorarlberg. Great skiing area! Servus?
F6ED0FEF-F66A-48BB-ADD6-70D91D2EE87E.png

I got these from Germany; hybrid ceramic, stainless steel, high rpm oil, tight tolerances for smooth and high rpm.
View attachment 109501
Thanks! Seems a bit expensive for a single bearing. I'll probably give it a try though!
off topic: Yeah I love skiing but unfortunately all the lifts are closed because of corona right now! :( Servus ;)

By all means, order all your bearings ahead of time. China or Japan. In that case you have spares on hand and save tons of money.
Pick reputable dealers on Aliexpress or similar.

Last edited:
Thanks! Seems a bit expensive for a single bearing. I'll probably give it a try though!
off topic: Yeah I love skiing but unfortunately all the lifts are closed because of corona right now! :( Servus ;)
Yeah those motor bearings are expensive, but my motor is running very cool for months now since I have them (probably also because of the fans).
If you search for the bearing size in that webstore you get all bearings ranging from very cheap to those expensive ones. Personally I opted for the best for the motor and ordered cheaper ones for all other bearings. Those will be more exposed to sand and dirt so probably need replacing frequently. If you buy them in bulk some are less than 1 euro each!?

By all means, order all your bearings ahead of time. China or Japan. In that case you have spares on hand and save tons of money.
Pick reputable dealers on Aliexpress or similar.
yeah but I'm thinking chances are I'll get crap bearings if I order them from aliexpress

Not necessarily, where do you think FastEddy or Jim's get theirs from? Note: I have no idea!
Key is to pick a reputable dealer with a lot of reviews on the item and you are as safe as buying local.
Always a risk but only way to minimize.

Check your bearings or buy new ones, use the 'bread trick' on the rear.
I wouldn't use a 4092 with stock BLX, the motor will most likely burn it out unless you gear way down.
now explain that to me ? because I don't understand anything about that ???.
because I have been driving my typhon for half a year now with a 4092 and a blx 185 with a 20t. And I have no problems at all with the temperature or something it even runs fine.?
But for the best an 18t is beter because she goes to fast?

now explain that to me ? because I don't understand anything about that ???.
because I have been driving my typhon for half a year now with a 4092 and a blx 185 with a 20t. And I have no problems at all with the temperature or something it even runs fine.?
But for the best an 18t is beter because she goes to fast?
Not sure what you are asking. OP was for a Kraton 6S.
Fast is good but generates heat and 18T on Kraton, in grass, will burn out your motor, cooling fans are already needed at 15T upwards. It really depends on your specific environment, check with a Temp-gun and stay below 160-170F, then you are good to go.

View attachment 109501
They are a great store. Have bought bearings for bicycle and RC there :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back