4092 W/ stock esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snoprosledneck88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Voltage
Will the stock esc in a outcast handle the hobbystar 4092 motor? Amps look the same on the esc and motor on the website. Anyone done this yet?

Nah. First of all esc amp readings don’t mean crap... they’re all skewed and lies.

Secondly I’d get a Max6 or castle mamba monster 2.

Yes it does but it is close to the limits of the esc.
But you need to notch out the a arm or it will hit the motor.

Yes it does but it is close to the limits of the esc.
Dude, it’s a 4092. Max 8’s (a more capable esc from hobbywing) blow up with 4092’s. Blx 185’s blow up with 4082’s... what makes you think it’ll handle a 4092... that’s way outside it’s capability range.

Dude, it’s a 4092. Max 8’s (a more capable esc from hobbywing) blow up with 4092’s. Blx 185’s blow up with 4082’s... what makes you think it’ll handle a 4092... that’s way outside it’s capability range.
Check out the bookface groups tons of guys run the Hobbystar and Leopard 4092 motors on the stock esc.

Check out the bookface groups tons of guys run the Hobbystar and Leopard 4092 motors on the stock esc.
Nah man you can keep that. I don’t even wanna go onto a Facebook group lol.

I bet they’re all like “yeah the esc got to 160f but that’s not too hot”

Nah man you can keep that. I don’t even wanna go onto a Facebook group lol.

I bet they’re all like “yeah the esc got to 160f but that’s not too hot”
Eh the BLX185 is a $50-$60 esc at the end of the day anyway right?

I've got a stock BLX 185 running a Leopard 4092 in a Redcat Shredder, and have no problems, so far. I also have a new Ezrun Max6 in my 6S Typhon with a spool, running 29/34 gearing, stock motor, and it works great. It will crawl at a snails pace with no cogging, even with that high gearing, and hauls buggy. I'm planning on doing some speed runs today.

The stock ESC is plenty capable for our 4092, provided of course that gearing is set up correctly. The only disadvantage to the stock ESC is that it's not set up to recognize 5S, if you want to run 5S then an ESC swap will make like easier as far as having an accurate LVC but other than that the stock ESC on the Outcast will support the 4092 no problem.

The stock ESC is plenty capable for our 4092, provided of course that gearing is set up correctly. The only disadvantage to the stock ESC is that it's not set up to recognize 5S, if you want to run 5S then an ESC swap will make like easier as far as having an accurate LVC but other than that the stock ESC on the Outcast will support the 4092 no problem.
Thanks for the input! I'd take your word over someone who has never run that combo ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back