4095 motor heatsink/fan combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3d-rc.myshopify.com

Eat,sleep and breath Arrma
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Senton 3s
Question for anyone. I have the max 6 4095 combo....1650kv.......
What are you running as far as heatsink/fan on these motors.. od is 49mm everything I can find is for a 1/8 motor... od of 40mm. Yeah I can bend it open a bit more and make it work. But there has to be the right tool for the job.... it can't be a clamp on style as the motor is so large it is just about sitting on the chassis as it is. Also a dual fan would be preferred as the temps are borderline to hot in 30° weather... it isn't over geared. It actually might be a touch under geared. Any ideas would be great. I also cut vent holes in body. The dust cover doesn't help I know that. When I unzip it I can feel the heat being trapped in. The esc rarely hits 110°

Question for anyone. I have the max 6 4095 combo....1650kv.......
What are you running as far as heatsink/fan on these motors.. od is 49mm everything I can find is for a 1/8 motor... od of 40mm. Yeah I can bend it open a bit more and make it work. But there has to be the right tool for the job.... it can't be a clamp on style as the motor is so large it is just about sitting on the chassis as it is. Also a dual fan would be preferred as the temps are borderline to hot in 30° weather... it isn't over geared. It actually might be a touch under geared. Any ideas would be great. I also cut vent holes in body. The dust cover doesn't help I know that. When I unzip it I can feel the heat being trapped in. The esc rarely hits 110°
You mean you have the 4985 combo?

What temps does the motor get to? Technically if a motor fan is needed to maintain temps then it's overgeared. I'm running the max6 4985 1650kv with no esc or motor fan. What wheel/tire combo?

I think I used to have a hot racing clip on heat sink fan combo that fit but I removed it since I didn't need it. I'll try to find it and post in which one it was.

You mean you have the 4985 combo?
Yeah sorry was half asleep lol
16 tooth pinion. Max 56mph. Dboot copperheads. 170° is where she gets after 1 6s pack. 130° without the dust cover on. The cover holds all the heat in unfortunately. Doesn't help most my driving is wot. I did turn punch down last night. It is cooler but didn't have my temp gun on hand
What did you run that combo in? What pinion? Also thank you for your service

Last edited:
I just looked at my fan in the k8s. It will not work without modding it. The k8s can is smooth with no fins so it would need to be spread out to fit around the fins of the 4985 motor. Also the metal bar that’s holds it on will be too short. Zip ties or some other half baked way will be needed for holding it tight. Arrma has them on their site.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA390296
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA390295

Thanks for the info guys... 60ish mph is plenty for me I'm no @Rich Duperbash lol. Maybe when I get more frequent flyer miles I will be that good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back