40mm fan check in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oof, big air flow at big amperage.

Yeah i made that mistake before. Plugged one of my 40x40x10mm fan into the rx to test without it being fastened to anything. Turned on the esc and got a big surprise. Let's just say that those fan blades CAN cut skin. Don't ask me how I know :unsure:
Oh man I think I have myself getting cut in one of our videos by one of those server fans running on a 4s battery. It messed me up real good. Packed up and went home after that :ROFLMAO:

Your female intuition is legendary my friend. Your reputation precedes you. :LOL:
I can be air headed sometimes. That is for certain.

Or rather, I learn lessons the HARD way. Many years ago, i learned a very valuable lesson about the proper order for connecting 240v lines to the clothes dryer.
Screenshot_20230105-181228_Facebook.jpg

Thankfully since I haven't died by now at this point in my life, I can say that I have learned some resolute lessons!

I can be air headed sometimes. That is for certain.

Or rather, I learn lessons the HARD way. Many years ago, i learned a very valuable lesson about the proper order for connecting 240v lines to the clothes dryer.
View attachment 267739
Thankfully since I haven't died by now at this point in my life, I can say that I have learned some resolute lessons!
Glad you're still alive and kickin' brother. Hector-tough BABY!! đź’Ş

Is this the type all of the cool cats are using these days?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184939244705

Never bought one of these server fans, so aside from a couple of small details, I have no idea what to look for.
Not a fan expert here, which is why I have a question. That's a 4-wire brushless fan.

Power/GND and PWM input and a Tachometer output. What do you do with the PWM?

Not a fan expert here, which is why I have a question. That's a 4-wire brushless fan.

cut it off

The pwm line just send signal for when the fan should be off/on. If you don't have a pwm line, then the fan will get 100% voltage 100% of the time. Which is exactly what you want.

28 CFM's is pretty dam respectable for an 8.4v fan. (y) Cooling doesn't get any better, especially if you run 2 of them. BEC being the limiting factor if anything.

I was concerned as well and emailed RadioControlPower. They broke it down to me on AMP/volts and explained there were no issues with running two of their fans, and in some cases, they have 3 running with no issues with the 8v fan.

When I got the FT in July added two, one for the motor and one for the HW Max6. Amazed at how much air they pulled and I have a digital temp display on my FT, and the heat stayed will below for summer and fall bashing.

Then I added them to the used Talion from here same...one on the motor and Max6 ESC. Was so impressed I removed the GC fans off the KEXB... it had 2 on the 1650kv motor to just one and one on the Max6 ESC.

So far with lights on all those rigs and the FT having the most lights, and all 3 are running ProModeler steering servos, I have no BEC issues. All 3 have the BEC are set at 7.4v

I just bought 3 more of his fans as backups/spares. I had only one to go bad. I emailed them, and they sent me a replacement at no charge. Amazing power of a fan that runs off the RC power....as loud as GC fans!!
Yea they definitely take more amps than other fans!

If they do I have not noticed...but it is not like I have a voltage or AMP meter....but all 3 rigs have never glitched on my yet, :LOL: 🤷‍♂️

I was concerned as well and emailed RadioControlPower. They broke it down to me on AMP/volts and explained there were no issues with running two of their fans, and in some cases, they have 3 running with no issues with the 8v fan.

When I got the FT in July added two, one for the motor and one for the HW Max6. Amazed at how much air they pulled and I have a digital temp display on my FT, and the heat stayed will below for summer and fall bashing.

Then I added them to the used Talion from here same...one on the motor and Max6 ESC. Was so impressed I removed the GC fans off the KEXB... it had 2 on the 1650kv motor to just one and one on the Max6 ESC.

So far with lights on all those rigs and the FT having the most lights, and all 3 are running ProModeler steering servos, I have no BEC issues. All 3 have the BEC are set at 7.4v

I just bought 3 more of his fans as backups/spares. I had only one to go bad. I emailed them, and they sent me a replacement at no charge. Amazing power of a fan that runs off the RC power....as loud as GC fans!!

If they do I have not noticed...but it is not like I have a voltage or AMP meter....but all 3 rigs have never glitched on my yet, :LOL: 🤷‍♂️
I've never noticed either! though I was using only one before on the max 5. I have 2 of them on one of their fan brackets now so I'm going to get to test it as soon as I figure out what rig needs the most cooling :ROFLMAO:

The GC fan setups are a total money grab. I'm sure they work well and (the ones that I've seen anyways)they at least make the effort of making nice switchable adapters and otherwise making everything look really nice (at that price point though, that's the minimum I'd expect).

I cannot argue that...yep they were expensive. Not that it covers the cost...via email or service, he (GC) is a great guy. For the 1.5yrs I ran them and the ones I still have (when ready to use again), if I had any issues he offered me to send them back. Not only did he fix them...but replaced them with upgraded parts, and added the cool connectors, carbon fiber covers, and extra stuff. I rarely had an issue, but a KEXB as basher dirt, rocks, etc, will get the best of fans. He always serviced them and sent me back better, no cost.

Being older and having no kids at home, I may have a little more $$$ to play around with. Like the people here, I rather invest in people who I see over product. Just me. Like John at ProModeler. NO Doubt he has great servos but the price is expensive but run his servos. Email or phone, he will fix, service, and stand behind his product, so the "man" behind the product is key for me even if there is a little up cost.

I totally get the cost...I was deeply broke before I figured out how to make money and save money, :LOL: so I do see that POV.
I've never noticed either! though I was using only one before on the max 5. I have 2 of them on one of their fan brackets now so I'm going to get to test it as soon as I figure out what rig needs the most cooling :ROFLMAO:

(y) it gets so damn hot here in the south...I have no choice but to put fans on ALL mine, :LOL:

I cannot argue that...yep they were expensive. Not that it covers the cost...via email or service, he (GC) is a great guy. For the 1.5yrs I ran them and the ones I still have (when ready to use again), if I had any issues he offered me to send them back. Not only did he fix them...but replaced them with upgraded parts, and added the cool connectors, carbon fiber covers, and extra stuff. I rarely had an issue, but a KEXB as basher dirt, rocks, etc, will get the best of fans. He always serviced them and sent me back better, no cost.

Being older and having no kids at home, I may have a little more $$$ to play around with. Like the people here, I rather invest in people who I see over product. Just me. Like John at ProModeler. NO Doubt he has great servos but the price is expensive but run his servos. Email or phone, he will fix, service, and stand behind his product, so the "man" behind the product is key for me even if there is a little up cost.

I totally get the cost...I was deeply broke before I figured out how to make money and save money, :LOL: so I do see that POV.

(y) it gets so damn hot here in the south...I have no choice but to put fans on ALL mine, :LOL:
That's cool man. That kind of service makes the price tag, although still high, sound a lot more reasonable. That's kinda how you want to be treated when you buy a high dolar item, AMIRITE? That's precisely how you make your customer(s) feel special. Top notch man, (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back