4200 NiMh isuues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camsdad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys, bought my son a 7 cell 4200 NiMh battery for his granite mega. I can't get more than 30 seconds to a minute on this battery without it kicking out! I'm assuming it's kicking out on heat issues but it doesn't seem very hot at all? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Hey guys, bought my son a 7 cell 4200 NiMH battery for his granite mega. I can't get more than 30 seconds to a minute on this battery without it kicking out! I'm assuming it's kicking out on heat issues but it doesn't seem very hot at all? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
My guess would be that the esc is in lipo mode and it's hitting the low voltage cutoff.

Esc settings are good. Just verified. Just went out for another run. He gets maybe 8 minutes with the original 7.2v 2000 mah NiMH. But gets 30seconds on the 8.4v 4200mah NiMH. I don't get it.

Hi

You probably have bad battery that has a cold solder joint. You should see about returning it for a good one.

Hi

You probably have bad battery that has a cold solder joint. You should see about returning it for a good one.

I've been leaning towards the same conclusion, nothing else makes sence to me. Would cost too much for me to return this battery . I bough 4 more on amazon today.

Did you try to slow charge it?? Some times it need to charge at very slow rate something that good chargers cant. Use your wall charger and make the test. It work for me long time ago with a receiver pack. Hope it helps!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back