Big Rock 42mm motor diameter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bebekhijau

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Is bigrock 3s standard mounting motor plate support 42mm diameter motor ? ( standard motor is 36mm )

I was going to say no. As I think it’d hit the chassis as the stock is close. Thinking about it, I can’t be sure right now but you’d need three millimetres of clearance at the bottom of stock and I don’t think it has that. Unless you cut part of the chassis away I’d be interested to know this for sure as well. sorry can’t be more helpful.

Last edited:
It should fit as long as it doesn't have fins making it larger than 42mm. I run a 4068 in my Granite and it has fins so it is probably 42mm around and fits with no issue. I've also ran the blx 4074 which also has the fins making it actually 42mm around so yes it will fit👍

I was going to say no. As I think it’d hit the chassis as the stock is close. Thinking about it, I can’t be sure right now but you’d need three millimetres of clearance at the bottom of stock and I don’t think it has that. Unless you cut part of the chassis away I’d be interested to know this for sure as well. sorry can’t be more helpful.
Yes it will fit. There is more than 3mm of clearance under the stock motor.

Last edited:
Want to confirm it fit 42mm motor. i just installed Turnigy TrackStar 1/8th Sensored Brushless Motor 1900KV.
Although clearance with center driveshaft is very tight ( under 1mm ), it runs perfect.
First time using sensored motor and it is addictive.....very smooth under slow speed full load ( like crawling up in slide )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back