4mm Banana plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
Im looking to buy a charger that i need to cut off the EC5 plug it comes with and solder on 4mm banana plugs.

What kind do i get? Should they be safety plugs? Where can i buy them? Thanks!

Hey thanks! Those bananas i would solder on an not crimp, correct?

That is correct. You would solder those 4mm banana plugs onto the wire.

Here is a great page that goes into good detail about how to solder.

Also, @Sethman919 did a nice video on how he solders EC5 connectors, which could be done the same way for your 4mm plugs.

Also for about the price of the banana plugs mentioned above i see the is a ec5 to banana plug adapter for the same price.
Any cons to using that?

You could but I don't recommend using adapter unless it's just absolutely needed. I don't care for adapters as they add more resistance to whatever you're trying to do (in this case charge, or discharge) and just add that many more failure points.

Making your own wire with the correct connectors is incredible easy. Plus in many cases you can find already pre-made wires with the connectors you need as well.

In your case you need a 4mm bullet plug, what do you need on the other end?

Ok makes sense. Ill just solder them on and thanks for the video.

I just ordered a Gt500 duo and it comes with an ec5 connector. I need to replace with the 4mm bananas to plug into the power supply which has the banana female.

I need to replace with the 4mm bananas to plug into the power supply which has the banana female.
I would certainly solder that cable and plug and not use an adapter in between my charger and power supply. I'm not saying you couldn't or if you did you'd blow the house up. That's just my strong personal preference.

Good looking charger by the way!

Thanks! Now im trying to figure out my power supply. Either 12 or 24v but would definitely like something somewhat portable

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back