Typhon 4s 21t gen1 typhon for on grass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertsm

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Been out of rc cars for almost ten years. The kids wanted something to play with in the park so i picked up a gen1 typhon last week super cheap. It came with a 21t pinion installed and an older 4s 5200 25c lipo. I had full intentions of replacing the electronics and putting a smaller pinion in when I bought it.
Figured I'd tear it up a little before getting a new esc and motor.
Well. Almost 10 packs later and temps aren't even getting close to 170. So.... wtf. Now I can't justify upgrading anything. Lol.
I did try putting a higher c rated 6s battery on it and temps got too high real quick.

Been out of rc cars for almost ten years. The kids wanted something to play with in the park so i picked up a gen1 typhon last week super cheap. It came with a 21t pinion installed and an older 4s 5200 25c lipo. I had full intentions of replacing the electronics and putting a smaller pinion in when I bought it.
Figured I'd tear it up a little before getting a new esc and motor.
Well. Almost 10 packs later and temps aren't even getting close to 170. So.... wtf. Now I can't justify upgrading anything. Lol.
I did try putting a higher c rated 6s battery on it and temps got too high real quick.
I have the V2 Typhon. For a while my son and I each had one before I used mine to build his homemade Outcast. We ran his on 4s with a 20 tooth no problem. I ran only 6s with an 18 with no heat issues, smoking fast off-road and on shorter grass with Duratrax lockups buggy wheels. Any higher and things got toasty.

I have the V2 Typhon. For a while my son and I each had one before I used mine to build his homemade Outcast. We ran his on 4s with a 20 tooth no problem. I ran only 6s with an 18 with no heat issues, smoking fast off-road and on shorter grass with Duratrax lockups buggy wheels. Any higher and things got toasty.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. That's what I was hoping to hear. So which was the faster setup. 18t 6s or 20t 4s? I was actually plannning to order the 18t to use with my 6s batteries.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. That's what I was hoping to hear. So which was the faster setup. 18t 6s or 20t 4s? I was actually plannning to order the 18t to use with my 6s batteries.
6s with 18 was faster, but 4s with 20 was plenty quick, too. Especially with my son driving. I'd still keep an eye on temps with the 18, but think you'll probably be fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back