4s battery in kraton 6s blx v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi,
to save money i would like to buy a 4s 5400 lipo battery. at which speed would it go with the speed pinion gear?

Running 15/50 on my outcast has caused my esc to overheat with 4S when running in short grass for more than 10 minutes. Seems fine at the skate park. I recently dropped to 14/50 which helped some. I'm running a bit larger tires though, so that's probably adding to my problems. I'm going to try a bit smaller/lighter tire to see how it does. I'm running proline trencher 3.8's. They are similar in diameter to outcast tires, but they are a bit wider and 1oz heavier per tire/wheel.

I started with 16/50, but it was overheating even running at the skate park. The ESC would shut down and motor would get up to 170F. Then I tried 15/50 and added a 40mm HW motor cooler. Then it did ok at the skate park, but still only take about 10 minutes running at the park in the grass. 14/50 seemed to work ok. The cooler kept the motor around 130F. So at least that helped the motor.

Until I put a set of 3S packs in, then I made it 8 minutes at the park. I was just trying out some 25C traxxas packs because I had them and hadn't ever ran them in anything else. Thought maybe a higher voltage would work better, but it didn't. I had my remote set at 75% for the throttle EPA when running 6S.

I haven't checked the speed yet, but it seems on park with my ERBE and Savage Flux HP running on 4S. Those run around 42-45mph.

I was thinking of trying a higher current ESC like the hobbywing max6. I'll try the smaller tires first and see how that does before throwing more money at it.

I rarely run on grass but I did a little yesterday with the same Tenchers you have. It was like running on velcro. The Trenchers were just glued to it. I didn't care for it one bit and went and found dirt.

I rarely run on grass but I did a little yesterday with the same Tenchers you have. It was like running on velcro. The Trenchers were just glued to it. I didn't care for it one bit and went and found dirt.
I have no dirt... concrete or grass. I had dirt for a short while last year where there were dumping foundation dirt for a new home area. It turned into either really rutty area or 4 inches of fine silt after a while, so I quit going there. Now it's all leveled off and is a corn field. In the early spring, I have a spot with a little dirt, but it's hard pack and a lot of rocks, but has one really good big air jump that's sketchy/unpredictable and another smaller jump thats hard pack with rocks sticking out of it. I haven't run trenchers there yet... perhaps next spring after the weeds all die/settle or they mow it. It's kind of an abandoned sub division.

Anyway, I like the trenchers because they have a pretty large contact area and tall sidewalls, so they wear well on pavement at the skate park, but also add a lot of cushion to the jumps. The downside is both of those attributes also make for a lot of rotating mass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back