Big Rock 4s capable big rock suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamd

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I recently made my big rock 4s capable and holy poop that thing is a whole new beast. My only issue (rather, root/main issue) is that when it gets to around 50 its still accelerating with no intention of hitting top speed for a while. Well once it gets to the 50 mph threshold it starts to wanna tumble over itself and next thing I know it's having a cartwheel competition . Is there anything I can do to avoid the sudden rollovers ? I say sudden but you can actually see when it's starting to wanna tip over but letting off the throttle will make it flip too. I was thinking maybe it needs more weight somewhere or maybe thickershock oil . Right now I'm using 60 wt losi shock oil in proline powetstrokes
Any advice would help and any info needed I'll gladly tell you

I recently made my big rock 4s capable and holy poop that thing is a whole new beast. My only issue (rather, root/main issue) is that when it gets to around 50 its still accelerating with no intention of hitting top speed for a while. Well once it gets to the 50 mph threshold it starts to wanna tumble over itself and next thing I know it's having a cartwheel competition . Is there anything I can do to avoid the sudden rollovers ? I say sudden but you can actually see when it's starting to wanna tip over but letting off the throttle will make it flip too. I was thinking maybe it needs more weight somewhere or maybe thickershock oil . Right now I'm using 60 wt losi shock oil in proline powetstrokes
Any advice would help and any info needed I'll gladly tell you
What battery,how much does it weigh???

I've tried many different setups,weight becomes a factor quik.u running 2050kv motor??I'd try moving some weight forward.try strapping top pack more forward. If shocks are springy,low on fluid.adding extra weight of esc,motor ,an packs affects performance fast

I've tried many different setups,weight becomes a factor quik.u running 2050kv motor??I'd try moving some weight forward.try strapping top pack more forward. If shocks are springy,low on fluid.adding extra weight of esc,motor ,an packs affects performance fast
I'm running a 2400kv motor . My front shocks have a little bounce to them but my rear shocks rebound much slower . And the performance isn't necessarily my issue it performs well other than it wanting to tumble over itself . My initial thought was maybe the truck is too short to handle 4s . But it's so close to being controllable I would think there's something that can be done . I was thinking putting weight up front would help out as well maybe compress the shock springs a bit more to keep from dipping ?

These cheap 3700mah 4s packs only weight 300grams.get surprisingly good run time too.or i run them in parallel for 7400mah 4s for longer run time an more power.are shocks stock

16150889470284249820856879050264.jpg

16150890424533676202529672198179.jpg

These cheap 3700mah 4s packs only weight 300grams.get surprisingly good run time too.or i run them in parallel for 7400mah 4s for longer run time an more power.are shocks stock

View attachment 130561

View attachment 130562
I've seen those and was actually curious about them I think I'll give them a try lol and no sir I have proline powerstrokes on all 4 corners using 60 wt traxxas oil in all of them

If your running a light blx120 weight shouldn't be a the problem suspension setup would be next.gpm makes these tower covers,they are great for different shock adjustability.great upgrade.

16150919558972689638437507672138.jpg

If your running a light blx120 weight shouldn't be a the problem suspension setup would be next.gpm makes these tower covers,they are great for different shock adjustability.great upgrade.

View attachment 130568
Ok badass imma check them out and I don't think it makes a difference but for what it's worth I'm running a spektrum 120a with the 2400kv blx motor

View attachment 130568
Thanks for the advice man

Was looking for a 4s motor for mine and I got s6420 spektrum high speed servo on.7.4v and I feel like it handles way
Better. Hows the 2400kv motor I was looking at t.p. 2800kv
Running the 150esc and sr315 receiver, s6420 servo
20210306_125719.jpg

Was looking for a 4s motor for mine and I got s6420 spektrum high speed servo on.7.4v and I feel like it handles way
Better. Hows the 2400kv motor I was looking at t.p. 2800kv
Running the 150esc and sr315 receiver, s6420 servo
View attachment 130654
Well I can tell you running that 2400kv with 120a esc performs like a beast on 4s . 3s is still great but damn what a difference just by upping the battery juice . The 2400 gets somewhat warm and if I'm heavy on the throttle it can get hot so take that into consideration but by the same token the stock 3200kv handled 4s , it didn't like it ,but it took it nonetheless , I'd go with the 2400kv at least because it's specifically made for 4s 2800 may go into thermal if you ride it too hard. I think the 3200 went into thermal maybe twice before I got the 2400 . As long as you monitor Temps 2800 should be OK but I'd just recommend the 2400

Ok that's awesome to here maybe I'll look for that motor kinda hard to find at the moment, I have 2050 but its heavy and I would have run huge pinion, would be nice to find one same size so I can use fan set up. Do you think 2 ,5000mah 30c 2s running together would do the 4s , I believe so just was worried about low c, rating but if I am upping voltage I don't think I would notice lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back