4s electronics in a 3s Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick45

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Hey all! I put a hobby wing xerun sct esc and a 4274 2250kv motor in my 3s Typhon after my motor blew apart. Before I get my full winter rebuild on, I want to figure out this gearing. I saw a video that Rich Duperbash made on a speed run Typhon and lost the thing. He somehow turned the slipper clutch into a 1 mod with a traxxas spur and some grinding. Does anyone have a link to that video or have a good idea about how I should gear this thing? I want to get about 60 mph out of it and primarily will use it as a backyard basher.

B085EA55-7A39-430A-AFFF-9EB62E4A73A9.jpeg

9A5CF732-286F-4083-BAD2-75D0747AE330.jpeg

image.jpg

Just use the arrma 4s metal spur and remember to put the extra slipper pad in. Mines been rock solid on 4s.
I have the 4s spur, but it's 48p and in this video there is a mod that Rich Duperbash does to convert it to 1MOD using a Traxxas spur gear. I found the video, but am wondering if anyone else has tried this or has a gearing chart so I can get the teeth on the spur gear right for my car/conditions.

I have the 4s spur, but it's 48p and in this video there is a mod that Rich Duperbash does to convert it to 1MOD using a Traxxas spur gear. I found the video, but am wondering if anyone else has tried this or has a gearing chart so I can get the teeth on the spur gear right for my car/conditions.
Ah sorry dude - i thought you were increasing teeth sizes for durability :)

You will need a mod 1.0 spur and pinion. You will need to drill holes thru the Arrma hubs to match the hole pattern in the Revo style spur gear. Then bolt thru the hubs to hold the spur in place. This will create a spool and you will no longer have any slip. Your driveshafts and diffs will now become the part that breaks.

You will need a mod 1.0 spur and pinion. You will need to drill holes thru the Arrma hubs to match the hole pattern in the Revo style spur gear. Then bolt thru the hubs to hold the spur in place. This will create a spool and you will no longer have any slip. Your driveshafts and diffs will now become the part that breaks.
Thanks! I guess it's not worth the costly repairs.

heres mine . no problems its got the metal spur. it was 6s that caused problems lol

IMG_20201121_212603.jpg

IMG_20201121_212614.jpg

IMG_20201121_213111.jpg

Back