Kraton 4s going to buy what should I know?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, a bigger faster version on the 3s line up? The original 4s has durability issues which haven't necessarily being addressed with the current v3 3s line up. Just seems like a whole lot of trouble and perhaps this is why they are delayed. Keep waiting or get a 6s that is truly built to last.

If you have not already seen it take a look at this video, this shows a lot of the issues you would have.
Yup, those were the first parts to break. BUT! When I upgraded those to CVD's and replaced the shocks, it made a huge difference. The Kraton 4s is easily my favorite rig for everyday fun and bashing. I enjoy it a little more than my Noto 6s because it's smaller, lighter and easier to handle. You really cannot go wrong with a Kraton 4s. I'd buy another one for that price!

Yup, those were the first parts to break. BUT! When I upgraded those to CVD's and replaced the shocks, it made a huge difference. The Kraton 4s is easily my favorite rig for everyday fun and bashing. I enjoy it a little more than my Noto 6s because it's smaller, lighter and easier to handle. You really cannot go wrong with a Kraton 4s. I'd buy another one for that price!
Are GPM racing parts good?
https://www.gpmracing-parts.com/arr...pers-107mm-10pc-set-gpm-maks107f-p-24427.html
https://www.gpmracing-parts.com/arr...pers-120mm-10pc-set-gpm-maks120r-p-24428.html
https://www.gpmracing-parts.com/arr...ve-shaft-6pc-set-gpm-maks148frsa-p-20691.html

They seem to have good prices.

I have the GPM CVD's in my BRCC and they are pretty stout. I just finished building a OC4s with mostly stock components and will upgrade as OE parts break. The arrma CVD's are a pretty good option and probably the direction I'll be going towards. On my bigrock I swapped out the rears and haven't looked back. I'm still running the composite CVD's up front on the Bigrock, 20 packs in easily, and I thrash that thing hard and have only broken 1 front CVD. I got a lightly used Typhon 3s recently and am gonna convert into a K4s, only this time I will build it once based on my OC4s durability record. Frankly, I don't understand why Arrma discontinued these rigs, the power to weight ratio smokes most other rigs out there. The shocks aren't that bad, but yes, the CVDs and the diffs are the weakest links. Address those as you go. Setting the slipper correctly will save you time and $$.

I love my Kraton 4s, probably my favorite car. Great for smaller spaces, I find myself taking it out more than my Kraton 6s. But yes you'll definitely want to upgrade some things. I'd recommend:

Arrma CVD Sliders all the way around
Metal Diffs and input gears, along with composite cups
HR aluminum slipper pads
dBoots Backflip LPs

I haven't had to upgrade my motor mount, its been fine. Above will probably cost you around $250, but it will be real solid after that
I agree I had to rebuild mine after a hard crash destroyed the whole works and it was worth it. The extra upgrades made it so sweet. I think the thing I noticed most was the tires. Switching to the Backflips game so better control when bashing and I haven't crashed bad since and better yet haven't broken anything. Now it cost me over 350.00 to fix and upgrade, but the only things I did not have to replace were the Electronics, otherwise the plastics are still new and strong. I have a stockpile too to keep her running from now on. It's one of my top Trucks and I run it whenever I'm able. You will not regret it. Don't hold out I don't think there will be another solely 4S Line from Arrma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back