Granite 4s Granite Voltage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy1124pr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Voltage
Anyone knows about a diff upgrade or mod for the Voltage that will hold a 4s Speed Run Pull? I'm planning on upgrading the ESC and since both motor and ESC will be 4s capable I was wondering if there was any way to make my diff hold at least one full pull 4s Speed Run.

I’m not sure that the diff will be the part that breaks. I’d be worried about the teeth on the plastic spur gear, or the plastic out-drives that transfer power from the diff to the dogbones. As long as both wheels have traction, I think the diff it’s self will be OK. Just this past week I started trying my Voltage with a brushless setup and 3S. It hasn’t broken so far, but I did replace the outdrives with steel ones proactively.

I’m not sure that the diff will be the part that breaks. I’d be worried about the teeth on the plastic spur gear, or the plastic out-drives that transfer power from the diff to the dogbones. As long as both wheels have traction, I think the diff it’s self will be OK. Just this past week I started trying my Voltage with a brushless setup and 3S. It hasn’t broken so far, but I did replace the outdrives with steel ones proactively.
Do you by any chance have the part number of the outdrives you use?

Yeah I’d make sure to pick up a 32p spur and pinion. A plastic spur will be fine, but the 48p I assume they come with won’t do it.

Do you by any chance have the part number of the outdrives you use?
I do. The ones I am using right now are TLR242003, which are originally for the Losi 8ight buggy. If you cant find those, then the ARRMA part AR310432 will also work. I’m still looking for a cheap option since those are about $15 each, but those two parts do fit and are plenty strong.

After searching for upgraded parts I came to the conclusion that this isn't the right platform to run 4s. Will be keeping the set up I already have and will getting the ZD Racing ZMT-10 kit to do this 4s experiment. I love my Voltage and don't want to ruin it. XD

Soo I just fried my ESC and end up putting a SideWinder SCT 3800kv Castle motor combo. I runs great on 2s and is a complete monster on 3s. Now I’m looking for a oil filled shocks to replace the OEM ones. Anyone has any suggestions on what to run?

Sorry, haven't touched the shocks on mine. Is there something in particular you are looking for, like better durability or more tuning options? I'm not saying the stock shocks are fantastic, just curious what you don't like about the handling.

Sorry, haven't touched the shocks on mine. Is there something in particular you are looking for, like better durability or more tuning options? I'm not saying the stock shocks are fantastic, just curious what you don't like about the handling.
Wanted to put some oil filled shocks that I could change the fluid depending on which surface I was going to be running, but end up keeping the stock ones. Also rounded my outdrives so I guess is time for the metal ones. Put a plastic one that I had laying around in the meantime and put a brushed set up so it won't break again, Dynamite ESC and 17T brushed motor. I'm hitting 35mph on 3s with the 25T pinion, I was impressed with the speed being a brushed set up.

Also put some TBR front and rear bumpers on the Voltage, very good quality and value for the money.

I got those same bumpers and I'm liking them as well. On 3S with a fairly light battery, the Voltage doesn't like to keep the front wheels on the ground, so the wheelie bar is a HUGE help. I think you might be able to make the front shocks from the Granite 4x4 work...but I haven't actually test fit them.

After a couple of months dealing with broken diffs I decided to give up on the Voltage, put the stock SRS system back on and gave the truck to my daughter. As most people have already stated the weak spot are the drive cups, I upgraded those to the Typhon Input cups. That solved that issue but then I start stripping diffs, after replacing the diff twice I decided to give up. I did manage to run 50mph on 2s with a SW3/ 1410 combo, never ran 3s but I'm assuming that if the diff holds it could more than 60mph, not bad for a budget friendly rig.

I do. The ones I am using right now are TLR242003, which are originally for the Losi 8ight buggy. If you cant find those, then the ARRMA part AR310432 will also work. I’m still looking for a cheap option since those are about $15 each, but those two parts do fit and are plenty strong.
Thanks, i've "burned" three sets.

These fit on the stock diff output shafts? I’ve been busting mine constantly and now they are back ordered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back