Vorteks Thing^2 (a Velo 4s build)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More tire than car, but it looks great!
Yup! Which is why I was thinking of trying out the MX28s on it, after I take it out like this. It may be amazing, just like this.

😑 I don’t have 6.5 connectors afterall. I really thought I did but they are 8mm for some reason. The motor has 6.5 connectors but the 130a esc has 4mm. I don’t want to cut the motor wires and change the connectors there because I plan on putting in MM2 or similar into this car eventually. So I need to whip up a couple 6.5 to 4mm adaptors. Did an Amazon order and should get them by Sunday. I’ll just sit and look at it till then.

😑 I don’t have 6.5 connectors afterall. I really thought I did but they are 8mm for some reason. The motor has 6.5 connectors but the 130a esc has 4mm. I don’t want to cut the motor wires and change the connectors there because I plan on putting in MM2 or similar into this car eventually. So I need to whip up a couple 6.5 to 4mm adaptors. Did an Amazon order and should get them by Sunday. I’ll just sit and look at it till then.
This suspense is killing me. You planned this, didn't you? ... Ya Bum!

Just those Vorteks.
🤔 honestly nort sure if it’ll work. The vorteks has short shock towers front and rear compared to the other 3S bashers. When I upgraded to 6s shocks, I was running Mojave Front shocks on the rear, and I had to put a granite front shock tower upfront to run the same Mojave front shocks.

On my 4S vorteks I’m building I have Granite shock towers, front and rear. The only reason the long rear Mojave shocks are going to work on the back is because I have v1, 4S RPM arms, which have an inside and outside mounting shock point, and I used the outside one. I also put on a shorter, heavier spring 5.4lbs, 95mm long and cranked the preload down a good bit.

Go ahead and try it though. It just may work. You never know. If not, the Mojave front shocks do fit the rear very well. Their just twice the cost 🙄 I’ve heard that some of the 6S road shocks fit the front, but I’m not sure which ones. I wanted more travel anyway, so put the granite shock tower up front in order to run front mojave shocks. It did jack the front end up some but I didn’t mind.

My original build thread for my vorteks is here so you can see what I went through with it over 18 months or so. Now that vorteks is mostly back to stock except for 6s front mojave shocks and a granite front tower power hobby wheels also, I think.

Thread 'Hybrid Vorteks'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hybrid-vorteks.47553/

Last edited:
🤔 honestly nort sure if it’ll work. The vorteks has short shock towers front and rear compared to the other 3S bashers. When I upgraded to 6s shocks, I was running Mojave Front shocks on the rear, and I had to put a granite front shock tower upfront to run the same Mojave front shocks.

On my 4S vorteks I’m building I have Granite shock towers, front and rear. The only reason the long rear Mojave shocks are going to work on the back is because I have v1, 4S RPM arms, which have an inside and outside mounting shock point, and I used the outside one. I also put on a shorter, heavier spring 5.4lbs, 95mm long and cranked the preload down a good bit.

Go ahead and try it though. It just may work. You never know. If not, the Mojave front shocks do fit the rear very well. Their just twice the cost 🙄 I’ve heard that some of the 6S road shocks fit the front, but I’m not sure which ones. I wanted more travel anyway, so put the granite shock tower up front in order to run front mojave shocks. It did jack the front end up some but I didn’t mind.

My original build thread for my vorteks is here so you can see what I went through with it over 18 months or so. Now that vorteks is mostly back to stock except for 6s front mojave shocks and a granite front tower power hobby wheels also, I think.

Thread 'Hybrid Vorteks'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hybrid-vorteks.47553/
image.jpg

Matched right up. Front are the aluminum ones by Arrma for Vorteks.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Those are the rear, Mojave shocks you have on the back or the front Mojave shocks?Which springs are you running? They don’t look quite as big as set I have. That’s great though! Looks very nice!
Stock Mojave Front shocks- installed them in the rears and just the stock Mojave springs whatever that is…seem good…probably will help with not bottoming out as they have M2C racing plates on the bottom. Seem to have no binding or problems. Kids need to take them out and let them Rip.

These went in the front as a little bit of an upgrade.
image.jpg

Stock Mojave Front shocks- installed them in the rears and just the stock Mojave springs whatever that is…seem good…probably will help with not bottoming out as they have M2C racing plates on the bottom. Seem to have no binding or problems. Kids need to take them out and let them Rip.

These went in the front as a little bit of an upgrade.
View attachment 267890
Okay that makes more sense as the Mojave front fit near perfect on the rear. It looks great and I’m sure y’all will enjoy greatly!
Oh, I make shock boots using thin black balloons and very small zip ties at the bottom. It helps save the seal from dust contamination at the rod/shock body.

Okay that makes more sense as the Mojave front fit near perfect on the rear. It looks great and I’m sure y’all will enjoy greatly!
Oh, I make shock boots using thin black balloons and very small zip ties at the bottom. It helps save the seal from dust contamination at the rod/shock body.
Took them out and they ran good…at a gopher ridden park. They did some cartwheels because of it.

Well I put the inner drive shafts on the wrong ends so had to switch those around. Had to change the rear turnbuckles also because they’re too long. And I can’t put the center chassis brace mounts on the front shock tower because some doofus got superglue on the shock tower, where it mounts, and I can’t remove it 😖 No amount of un-cure has worked over the last few days and I don’t want to swap out the tower. I’ll keep working on it, meanwhile no sending it quite yet. The good thing is the parts to make my motor connectors should be here shortly. I also switched out the springs for full 6s Kraton Springs. Feels much better now.

😑 so… I thought the standard motor connectors are 4mm. They even call them 4mm in all the data. I am confused cause they aren’t 4mm. They are actually 3.5mm. So the 4mm ones I have for soldering battery connections are too big. They won’t plug in. My little connectors are useless.

fiddlestick it. I just ordered a new motor with their version of 4mm connectors that should fit the ESCs version of 4mm connectors. It will be here sometime Wednesday. It really hope they work. I want to run this car so bad!!!

9ED8981D-08CA-4C05-B7BA-C901491707E4.png

Everyone following this build right now:

bored waiting GIF
Yes, my builds are a comedy of errors as they always are. Trust me, no one wants to see this thing run more than me. Well, except maybe you 😂

Just…why!? Why don’t my 4mm male connectors fit a 4mm female connector?!? This is pissing me off. I’m really proud of my little connector things and want to use them 😩

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back