Kraton 4s kraton on 6s motor and speed controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rparkin986

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 3s
I recently put the 6s motor and 185 speed controller on my kraton 4s and blew back diff out in 2 minutes. Am I suppose to reverse motor on speed controller? Any advise on setup would be great. Also if anyone has pictures of where they put the speed controller on your rig would be awesome too
Also was
I recently put the 6s motor and 185 speed controller on my kraton 4s and blew back diff out in 2 minutes. Am I suppose to reverse motor on speed controller? Any advise on setup would be great. Also if anyone has pictures of where they put the speed controller on your rig would be awesome too
Also was only running 4s at the time

1582169650815.gif

Also was

I have this same setup, but I lowered the punch level on the esc to 2, adjusted my slipper clutch for the new torque load and I only use 4s with this configuration. There's no heat issues with the blx 185 esc or 2050 motor.

I mounted the esc in the same location as the stock esc.
20190512_083221.jpg

I have this same setup, but I lowered the punch level on the esc to 2, adjusted my slipper clutch for the new torque load and I only use 4s with this configuration. There's no heat issues with the blx 185 esc or 2050 motor.

View attachment 66158
So you think it was because I had the punch up to far. What did you set slipper clutch to?

So you think it was because I had the punch up to far. What did you set slipper clutch to?
When I tested the different esc settings, I found punch level 3 and higher to be too much for the plastic axles. Adjustment for the slipper is based on feel. Once you change out the stock electronics, you can't set the slipper based on the manual settings. I normal hold the rear wheels while applying throttle. I'm looking for the chassis to raise off the ground, but the slipper should initiate before the rc is vertical. I'll adjust the slipper until I achieve the desired result. It's a trial and error adjustment, not a turn the screw 3 times to set the clutch. This is an old school method, but it's worked for me.

Thanks so much. I will lower the punch when I get the new differential.
When I tested the different esc settings, I found punch level 3 and higher to be too much for the plastic axles. Adjustment for the slipper is based on feel. Once you change out the stock electronics, you can't set the slipper based on the manual settings. I normal hold the rear wheels while applying throttle. I'm looking for the chassis to raise off the ground, but the slipper should initiate before the rc is vertical. I'll adjust the slipper until I achieve the desired result. It's a trial and error adjustment, not a turn the screw 3 times to set the clutch. This is an old school method, but it's worked for me.
Are those the 6s shocks?

View attachment 66158
Did you just put one screw in on speed controller?

Last edited:

View attachment 66158
hello, what engine mount have you used for the kraton 6s engine?

hello, what engine mount have you used for the kraton 6s engine?
I'm using the stock 4s mount. I installed a larger pinion to deliver the same stock speed of the 2400kv motor.

I think you will keep eating the diff.

Also was

Shimming the diffs helps alot. I use 2 to 3 shims on each diff to press the diff gears tighter together. After doing this the mesh stays tight and I haven't been stripping diffs. The Hot Racing metal diffs are really nice but expensive. You could get away with just using it in the rear diff only. It seems like that is what takes the punishment. I mounted my BLX 185 right where the old 120 amp ESC was. I just had to angle it and make 1 new hole in the receiver cover.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back