Senton 4s on BLX 3200kv?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sentonist

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey!

So my BLX 100 esc bit the dust finally. I got horizon to warranty it, and talked my way into getting a Dynamite Fuze 130a, they (I guess) normally give a 40a. So reading the specs on the 130a, it apparently is capable of handling a 4s lipo battery. I already have a 5000mah 3s, but I'm wandering if the motor (BLX 3666 3200kv) can handle that as well. I don't know too much about how and what these motors can handle, but that's why I'm asking you guys out there before I make the mistake of buying a battery that will catch fire on use, lol

Thanks!

Yeah, it’ll be fine. It’ll probably get hot so gear down.

Well what’s your spur gear and what’s your pinion? How many teeth.

Drop the pinion to a 17 if it’s running cool on 3s. If it’s running warm on 3s drop to 15, but if it’s already running hot on 3s don’t bother 4s.

Drop the pinion to a 17 if it’s running cool on 3s. If it’s running warm on 3s drop to 15, but if it’s already running hot on 3s don’t bother 4s.
largely depending on how I drive it, it usually runs cool-warm, unless I'm constantly full-throttling, which I don't usually do. But thanks sir for the tips!

largely depending on how I drive it, it usually runs cool-warm, unless I'm constantly full-throttling, which I don't usually do. But thanks sir for the tips!
In that case throw a yeahracing fan on it with a good aluminum mount and put on that 17t pinion.

Last edited:
Sure thing. Give me a minute.
Here you go:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/391182024906

I run a CC blower with a yeahracing fan but the shroud is plastic so I’m planning to upgrade to something like this:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/272114179295
Don’t buy this one because it’s for 8th scale sized motors (what I run) the first link will fit though.
Thank you sir!! Just to make sure... that fits the blx 3200kv motor right?

Why exactly do you want to run it on 4s? Do you want to buy bigger batteries? Do you want the added weight of 4s? With a stock Senton 3s, I don't see why you would want to go up in battery size. At best you will twist the driveshafts. Also, the HW 3660SL motor, which I have to believe is a better version of the BLX100 motor, is only rated to 3s. I doubt the BLX100 motor is rated for 4s. My honest advice is to not run 4s.

Why exactly do you want to run it on 4s? Do you want to buy bigger batteries? Do you want the added weight of 4s? With a stock Senton 3s, I don't see why you would want to go up in battery size. At best you will twist the driveshafts. Also, the HW 3660SL motor, which I have to believe is a better version of the BLX100 motor, is only rated to 3s. I doubt the BLX100 motor is rated for 4s. My honest advice is to not run 4s.
Well, from my understanding, more cells is more power, (lol) and since the esc I will be recieving here shortly will be 4s capable, why not? upgrading the motor is likely imminent, so like I said, why not?

Well, from my understanding, more cells is more power, (lol) and since the esc I will be recieving here shortly will be 4s capable, why not? upgrading the motor is likely imminent, so like I said, why not?

The 3s Senton stock will run over 50 mph. How much faster are you looking to go? The truck will just kite at high speed anyway. But to answer your questions as to why not:

1. The stock motor has too high of a Kv for 4s and I think it will be damaged if run on 4s
  2. You will have the added weight of 4s, which is never a good thing. You will want to upgrade your shocks.
  3. 4s batteries are more expensive
  4. The wheel driveshafts will be more likely to fail running 4s

Now if you want to pair the new ESC with a larger motor with a lower Kv, then have at it. But running 4s on the stock motor for the sake of going faster isn't a great idea for the reasons I listed. It's your truck so do what you want. I was just trying to help.

The 3s Senton stock will run over 50 mph. How much faster are you looking to go? The truck will just kite at high speed anyway. But to answer your questions as to why not:

1. The stock motor has too high of a Kv for 4s and I think it will be damaged if run on 4s
  2. You will have the added weight of 4s, which is never a good thing. You will want to upgrade your shocks.
  3. 4s batteries are more expensive
  4. The wheel driveshafts will be more likely to fail running 4s
Now if you want to pair the new ESC with a larger motor with a lower Kv, then have at it. But running 4s on the stock motor for the sake of going faster isn't a great idea for the reasons I listed. It's your truck so do what you want. I was just trying to help.
Well seeing that you're experienced in this, I will take your advice. Thinking more about it, why not ends up costing a lot of money... lol... so anyways, the esc that I should be getting here real soon is usually paired with a 2800kv 6-pole dynamite fuze motor, having that setup, would you think I should still need to worry about the wheel driveshafts? I already plan on buying some 2s lipo batteries, and buying the shocks the 6s senton has for my 3s.

Well seeing that you're experienced in this, I will take your advice. Thinking more about it, why not ends up costing a lot of money... lol... so anyways, the esc that I should be getting here real soon is usually paired with a 2800kv 6-pole dynamite fuze motor, having that setup, would you think I should still need to worry about the wheel driveshafts? I already plan on buying some 2s lipo batteries, and buying the shocks the 6s senton has for my 3s.

That ESC and the 2800Kv motor is what Losi (owned by Horizon Hobby) puts in their RTR Rock Rey. Alot of people replace it because it cogs badly at low speed. Reading the specs on the ESC,the max Kv you can run on 4s is 3000Kv. So forget about running 4s with the BLX 100 motor. I am not sure if the Dynamite 550 2800Kv 6 pole motor can run 4s either. @Megasty has a Rock Rey and I think he runs 4s in it. I am not sure if he is running stock electronics though. The wheel driveshafts break on stock electronics and 3s. Some people break them more than others. I have had terrible luck with them. When I was running a Mamba X ESC with a Castle 1512 (4067) 2650Kv motor on 4s,I couldn't run for 5 minutes without snapping a wheel driveshaft. It was so bad that I decided not to run 4s in the truck.

Why do you think a 3660 3200Kv motor would be fine for 4s?
I have had many 3000-3500kv 10th scale motors that can run 4s with no issue.
Statistics are usually guidelines, especially the one about motor kv and voltage. If you go outside the guidelines a little, just watch temps. Obviously if you put 6s into a 3660 can it’ll blow up but from all of my experience, 4s is just fine, and that esc would be alright.

I have had many 3000-3500kv 10th scale motors that can run 4s with no issue.
Statistics are usually guidelines, especially the one about motor kv and voltage. If you go outside the guidelines a little, just watch temps. Obviously if you put 6s into a 3660 can it’ll blow up but from all of my experience, 4s is just fine, and that esc would be alright.

Was one of them an Arrma BLX 100, lol?

Was one of them an Arrma BLX 100, lol?
Nope, but one of them was a dynamite 3655 3300kv. The OP was asking if it can handle it, and I’m telling him that it can. Not saying it’s advisable because of the chassis around it obviously.

I get that I’m sorta new here, but trust me, I’m not here to make people blow up their rigs, I talk from experience :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back