4S or 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hello,I am curios what your thoughts are on batteries and what can be recommended. I have a nero with the diff brain and run mostly in an off road setting and i am leaning towards 4S. I live in Canada and any suggestions on high Mah lipos would be greatly appreciated.

Rod

Hey Rod,
I can give not such good ideas, course I am from Germany.
But maybe you can also get the brands which I use.
I run also most on 4s. Therefore I have Xtron 2s 5300mA.
When I walk through the forest ( car will give the dog hunting feeling) I run these LiPo two on each side.
It means 4s 10600mA. In other cases I run just one battery each side.
On 6s I have the recommended 3s 5000-something Onyx and a rebranded Lipo from a German e-parts shop Conrad which calls Energy 3s 5500mA....
Maybe it will be helpful, but I think it isn't.

Regards,
lonee

Thanks lonee, I am going to try to find some 4S. I see that onyx has 6000 Mah 60c 2s 7.4v with xt90 plugs but it is not available in Canada.

I bought 2 4s onyx 6000 mah 50c with xt 90 connector and 2 3s 5000 mah 35c onyx for my nero, It's good enough for me on 4s but I wanted to expierience the 6s also. I run the stock gearing and due my terrain its hard to get more than a secod or 2 with it wide open throttle.

Hi donp, may I ask what your run time is with the 4S onyx?

Roddie

I've never actually timed my runs on either pair but, they are pretty close to equal and longer than expected

Im looking at the SMC 3s 7200mah 90c batteries to purchase next. I talked to a few different people about them and they come with the XT90 on them already, plus they get about 40-45 mins of run time according to the few I talked to that have used these. Either way, I think 6s would be the way to go. The truck is pretty heavy and I think 6s is the best for it. Of course I haven't ran 4s yet, but I've been told its better at 6s and I haven't had a reason to try 4s yet. I've been having a blast with mine. When the weather allows it. Lol.

Buy them without other plug, soldering is done in 10 Mins. The longest time need the solder iron to warm up....
...6s.. sure. It its funny.. if you have enough space around you. Ok, thats the big different between city side and landscape :I

Regards,
lonee

Buy them without other plug, soldering is done in 10 Mins. The longest time need the solder iron to warm up....
...6s.. sure. It its funny.. if you have enough space around you. Ok, thats the big different between city side and landscape :I

Regards,
lonee
I've ran 6S in my local hobby shop ;) But I'm psycho!!!

I love the idea of running the most possible MAH in 4S, basically for some scale trail driving. I think this would blow the doors off my summit. 4S running in smaller tighter areas sounds great!!! And 6S for some shorter higher power running, in basically the same area. Just because the truck is capable of running 50+mph out of the box, doesn't mean you can't still trail drive 6S. Only going to be a shorter run that's all. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back