Senton 4s or 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark35

Reaction score
Hi guys! After many hour thinking i decided to go and get a senton tomorrow?
Should I start with 4s first or go straight to 6s? (I have experience in on road RC).
planning to get turnigy heavy duty 5000mah 60c-120c burst battery, but can't decide 4s or 6s. I am going to run mainly on wide open areas like parks and sports grounds. Appreciate any advice!

6s, no need to by a Corvette and use only 6 cylinders ...just need to learn to control the trigger finger. You will need lots of runway and good judgement to go full throttle...have fun.

When i first got my senton i tried 4s for a few days then went to 6s and haven't tried 4s again lol

Go with 6s stock, you will only get 4s worth of traction with the stock wheels anyway.:) After you burn those up and get some wheels with traction, you will be ready for more speed and control.

Congrats, it's a fun truck!

I like 6S more, but it does wear out/break things more quickly. My driveshaft cups only started to show wear after I started using 6S most of the time. If you're on real gravely, dry surface, the rear hubs and rear suspension arms will eventually get sandblasted away. But 6S is definitely more exciting!

Thanks for replies guys! Got the senton today, will order batteries tomorrow. I will run mostly on short grass and packed mud in parks I think. How much should I expect from 5000mah 50c 6s pack? (I don't think I'll be able to go full throttle most of the time)
IMG_2540.JPG IMG_2544.JPG

Nice lookin truck:)

i would think anywhere from 12 to 25 minutes, depending on how much throttle throughout the bashing.

Unless you want all out speed, I would go with 4s since it will be easier on the drive train.

Best regards,
Brian

I got the Typhon and run 4S. I haven't tried it on a track yet, or a lot of off-road running, but for this old guy it's PLENTY fast.
A 5400ma pack lasts for way longer than my attention span. LOL
Very happy with the car - it's all it's cracked up to be. Maybe a Senton next???

Should I start with 4s first or go straight to 6s? (I have experience in on road RC).
planning to get turnigy heavy duty 5000mah 60c-120c burst battery, but can't decide 4s or 6s. I am going to run mainly on wide open areas like parks and sports grounds. Appreciate any advice!
Great battery I run the exact same one in my Kraton

Great battery I run the exact same one in my Kraton

Attachments

• IMG_2833.JPG
    IMG_2833.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 57
Got mine on 4s, honestly man, it's all you really need to get around a track VERY quickly, ZERO signs of any under power.
However, if you like to bash and do high-speed runs, throw in 6s, expect quicker part wear and maintenance a little quicker. Am I wrong guys?

I run 5S, set the ESC to NI-Cad, and follow a timer on the controller or with a Casio watch, even a Dollar Tree cooking timer will do clipped to the antenna controller, or with velcro on the back.

* I usually know when its dropping below 3.70 per cell, no need for the esc to tell me or to view with a volt checker. At least on mine, after a while, I know by the trigger throttle response.

4S - for quality driving, getting the truck dialed.
5S- performance and speed, best combination, stupid fast
6S- its too crazy, excessive tear and wear

Tires get destroyed real quick, and those diff gears will have lots of metal shavings on 22.2v.

Go for it on 6S, report back with mayhem photos...

I run 5S, set the ESC to NI-Cad, and follow a timer on the controller or with a Casio watch, even a Dollar Tree cooking timer will do clipped to the antenna controller, or with velcro on the back.

* I usually know when its dropping below 3.70 per cell, no need for the esc to tell me or to view with a volt checker. At least on mine, after a while, I know by the trigger throttle response.

4S - for quality driving, getting the truck dialed.
5S- performance and speed, best combination, stupid fast
6S- its too crazy, excessive tear and wear

Tires get destroyed real quick, and those diff gears will have lots of metal shavings on 22.2v.

Go for it on 6S, report back with mayhem photos...

Or buy a 3$ low voltage alarm...

Those are not precise, when the motor pulls too much juice makes the alarm go off. I had them on airsoft electric rifles and it was super annoying. Many times, imo, they are not that reliable.

I got a few in my parts bin somewhere. Thanks for the advice, I have learned to run those batteries like it is and since this day no need for one. Getting back to the topic, 5S is to me the happy medium for power and handling.

I had the same dilemma when I bought my outcast and I'm very happy I went with the 6S!

I actually bought a second 6s completer pack to have spare batteries and a backup charger. Now that the Senton just had that huge price drop on tower and I finally sold my Slash I'm gonna be picking one up and running it 6s!

I only have a few runs of each cell count so far, but I can't get enough of the bat-out-of-hell shredding it does on 6s. I did bulletproof the diffs and change out the fluids first.

It's great on 4s too, and still has more power than I need. I just really enjoy the pucker factor that 6s brings to the table.

The Outcast on 6S is Bonkers!! Wheelies till there is no more road, so I can only imagine how a Senton witch is lighter and more balanced drives :)

But honestly, as long as you have some throttle finger discipline you should be fine on 6s.

Last edited:
i go 4s !!! 6s destroyed my tire in 2 run...too fast for the build of the truck in my opinion.but in the end it depends on what you like to do with your rc...on 6s off road the truck was so fast (hobbywing max 8 combo)it was touching the ground half of the time i was driving.i you don't wanna change part every two run....(coz with this kind of power its hard not to use it lol) try 4s.you could buy a 4s and a 2s...so you could do 4s and 6s.and buy another 2s later if you prefer 4s.more options is always better!!have fun!!

i go 4s !!! 6s destroyed my tire in 2 run...too fast for the build of the truck in my opinion.but in the end it depends on what you like to do with your rc...on 6s off road the truck was so fast (hobbywing max 8 combo)it was touching the ground half of the time i was driving.i you don't wanna change part every two run....(coz with this kind of power its hard not to use it lol) try 4s.you could buy a 4s and a 2s...so you could do 4s and 6s.and buy another 2s later if you prefer 4s.more options is always better!!have fun!!
p.s.i run 6s in my kraton,which in my opinion,handle it waaayyy better!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back