Outcast 4s outcast, first try at a half official track day video..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
my buddy and i were able to get over to the bmx track on monday and get some bashing in.. figured id try my hand at getting some footage in... i made a tx mount for my phone, and i was surprised how well it worked out...

so without further babbling, here is my first try at making a half official youtube video with what was available... let me know what you guys think...

the good, the bad, and the ugly!

thanks brother... ya, man ill tell ya, it is kind of a hard to do...lol.. i have quite a bit of footage from that day.. the 4s was toward the end of the day, when i was getting the feel for it.. started with filming the 6s but almost all of it was filming the ground and just catching glimpse's of the rig, unfortanate... also have to try to remember to not swear... lol.. but it only slipped out once... lol...

That was always my issue as well. I'd forget to follow the car when recording, so I'd have 5 - 10 minutes of ground and landscape, then about 30 seconds - 1 minute of the actual rig! o_O :ROFLMAO:

ya i can see how that can happen.. :ROFLMAO:

oh also, any thoughts on the background music? bad idea? not sure how i feel about it... im not much of a chatty cathy so i figured i would try to fill the void...

I'm a bit different then most, I feel. I like hearing the rigs driving around, hitting the jumps, the slaps of the landings. I definitely like hearing the commentary, if there is any, definitely don't mind the profanity. Lets me think I'm with hanging with my friends, :ROFLMAO: .

With music, I feel as long as it's mostly upbeat it should match well with most bashing sessions!

I'm a bit different then most, I feel. I like hearing the rigs driving around, hitting the jumps, the slaps of the landings. I definitely like hearing the commentary, if there is any, definitely don't mind the profanity. Lets me think I'm with hanging with my friends, :ROFLMAO: .

With music, I feel as long as it's mostly upbeat it should match well with most bashing sessions!

thanks for the input brother, much appriciated... (y) ?

Pretty good. What camera was that? The lens seems somewhat tight for the way you were shooting. A wider lens option might make keeping it in frame easier. Either that or you could do more post cuts to make the video more seamless. But I would say a great first video. Lots of good stuff there. ??

I would say you are trying to bridge between the type of video where you just shoot nonstop and the montage style where you do the more low down shots like Greg @ RC Driver with music. I would think more voiceover would help liven it up.

Idgaf about cussing, if that comes naturally to you, let them fly. If someone doesn’t like it, they can mute it or not watch. I prefer genuineness over anything too polished. The lure to most channels for me is the feeling that I’m hanging out bashing with a buddy. The more real that seems, the more likely I am to sub and watch often. All my buddies cuss like sailors (not Saylors ??)

Same goes for music. It’s your video, play what you like or represents your tastes. F what anyone else thinks. That’s my take anyways.

Pretty good. What camera was that? The lens seems somewhat tight for the way you were shooting. A wider lens option might make keeping it in frame easier. Either that or you could do more post cuts to make the video more seamless. But I would say a great first video. Lots of good stuff there. ??

I would say you are trying to bridge between the type of video where you just shoot nonstop and the montage style where you do the more low down shots like Greg @ RC Driver with music. I would think more voiceover would help liven it up.

Idgaf about cussing, if that comes naturally to you, let them fly. If someone doesn’t like it, they can mute it or not watch. I prefer genuineness over anything too polished. The lure to most channels for me is the feeling that I’m hanging out bashing with a buddy. The more real that seems, the more likely I am to sub and watch often. All my buddies cuss like sailors (not Saylors ??)

Same goes for music. It’s your video, play what you like or represents your tastes. F what anyone else thinks. That’s my take anyways.

camera is my cell phone, years old galaxy s7.. was surprised how well it worked to be honest.. maybe i get a camera one day.. the editor was some one drive crap that was on my pc.. it wouldnt allow (or maybe i don't know how lol) to trim the video and stitch it back together.. so ran with the whole 9 mins of footage on that rig... will be uploading one of the typhon 3s footage as well..

and your right, if the words fly, they fly.. i agree it brings a more genuine feel to it.. this may sound real dumb, but i try not to talk cause i hate the sound of my voice on camera lmao.... ( i know, im a big 38yr old baby!) :ROFLMAO:
as a side note, maybe 9 min. videos are to long, especially with no talking.. thoughts?

camera is my cell phone, years old galaxy s7.. was surprised how well it worked to be honest.. maybe i get a camera one day.. the editor was some one drive crap that was on my pc.. it wouldnt allow (or maybe i don't know how lol) to trim the video and stitch it back together.. so ran with the whole 9 mins of footage on that rig... will be uploading one of the typhon 3s footage as well..

and your right, if the words fly, they fly.. i agree it brings a more genuine feel to it.. this may sound real dumb, but i try not to talk cause i hate the sound of my voice on camera lmao.... ( i know, im a big 38yr old baby!) :ROFLMAO:
as a side note, maybe 9 min. videos are to long, especially with no talking.. thoughts?
Yeah I would try to do some cuts unless your dialog is strong enough to carry the video. Some guys are just hilarious and don’t need many cuts. Others need montage cuts to change things up and keep you watching. Other guys just make short videos and keep it short and sweet.

Bottom line is it is your channel and do what the F you want to do with it. It will always be better if it’s the genuine you. Time will give you more experience and will make it the best you possible. Just don’t try to recreate something you saw somewhere else if it’s not your style.

Yeah I would try to do some cuts unless your dialog is strong enough to carry the video. Some guys are just hilarious and don’t need many cuts. Others need montage cuts to change things up and keep you watching. Other guys just make short videos and keep it short and sweet.

Bottom line is it is your channel and do what the F you want to do with it. It will always be better if it’s the genuine you. Time will give you more experience and will make it the best you possible. Just don’t try to recreate something you saw somewhere else if it’s not your style.

truer words never spoken.. love you for that brother! :love: ?

Agreed! Hate hearing my own voice as well. :ROFLMAO:

Length of the video is no difference to I as long as what I'm watching is entertaining, leading up to something fun or being informative, you know. Though as I've stated, I'm just fine hearing the rigs whine, slap, nose dart, spin out, rooster some dirt in the camera ;) whether there is music, no music or no sounds at all!

I think, just do what you feel is going to portray what you're trying to get across to the viewers. You'll learn what works what doesn't work, remember also, you'll definitely get feedback from the YT viewers as well!! ?;)?

Edit: Yes, you're trying to appease the viewers to a point but like Jon stated stay true to yourself for the viewers as well!!

Agreed! Hate hearing my own voice as well. :ROFLMAO:

Length of the video is no difference to I as long as what I'm watching is entertaining, leading up to something fun or being informative, you know. Though as I've stated, I'm just fine hearing the rigs whine, slap, nose dart, spin out, rooster some dirt in the camera ;) whether there is music, no music or no sounds at all!

I think, just do what you feel is going to portray what you're trying to get across to the viewers. You'll learn what works what doesn't work, remember also, you'll definitely get feedback from the YT viewers as well!! ?;)?

Edit: Yes, you're trying to appease the viewers to a point but like Jon stated stay true to yourself for the viewers as well!!

:ROFLMAO: it really is weird to hear yourself on video.. makes you think who the hell is this cornball! lol
thank you guys! really appriciate any and all feedback.. it helps a ton.. i just want to share the good times with you fella's..

Nice, wish I had a place like that.
Your boy was messing up your mojo, distracting and getting in your way lol.

lol.. oh ya, always, lol... he just got into it about a month ago, he still has alot to learn.. ?

Great vid all around. Considering it was a TX mount, the quality of keeping the truck in the frame was very good. I did this for many months before switching to a GoPro with head mount. The biggest differences are how much more footage you will have to work with, and how much easier it is to control the truck without the worry of pointing the camera at it. Your head always follows the truck, your hands don't. As far as music goes, I like it. I'm not a talker either, and I'm trying to make something fun to watch. I tried saying a few words at the beginning, but opted to eliminate it all together. The big boys of YouTube all like to talk and give details about their trucks and what's going on. I feel I sound like a dork when I try to do the same. There's tons of instrumental music available to add to a video, and you can tweak the volume so you can here the truck and the music. The only "advice" I will give, is to shorten the video up. A wise YouTuber once told me that 4 to 6 minutes is ideal. We want everyone to see the amazing tricks that we do, but the average viewer has seen it already. Pick and choose the best of the day, and edit it down as much as you can. There's creative ways to slide between clips, but even just a simple blend works well. The same jump with the same flip will only hold a person's attention for so long. YouTube has analytics that show viewer retention, and the shorter my videos got, the longer the viewer stayed to watch. I also try to flip between different parts of the days bash, to try and break the repetitiveness. I'm definitely not a pro, and I don't have tons of subscribers, so I'm just giving you my opinion. Making and editing videos is a fun part of the hobby, and I hope you continue to stay with it.

lol.. oh ya, always, lol... he just got into it about a month ago, he still has alot to learn.. ?
I liked the part when he loses sight of his rig and walks over and says, did you hit me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back