Typhon 4S set up in 3s car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atsoca

ATSOCA
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Hi guys I have arrma 4s set-up in my tool box and was wondering how much of a performance upgraded it would be in my stock 3S Typhon and if I should swap it in...
Thanks

Yeah, it will be a fairly large performance increase, you will likely start breaking a lot more driveline parts and you may have to do some upgrades to deal with all that extra power but if that does not concern you..

See..

Rich Duperbash also does a great series of videos and has good recomendations for the weak parts of the 3s Typhon.. I'd check them out first.

I’ve been running the BLX120/2400kv combo in my Typhon for a while now, and just recently upgraded the ESC to a BLX185. As long as you have a steel spur and don’t have your slipper too tight, you should be fine. Make sure your bearings and driveshafts are in good shape and stay that way. If your bearings are crunchy it’s going to heat up quickly and melt the diff yokes. Then you start having diff mesh issues. It is quite a bit faster tho. ??

I’ve been running the BLX120/2400kv combo in my Typhon for a while now, and just recently upgraded the ESC to a BLX185. As long as you have a steel spur and don’t have your slipper too tight, you should be fine. Make sure your bearings and driveshafts are in good shape and stay that way. If your bearings are crunchy it’s going to heat up quickly and melt the diff yokes. Then you start having diff mesh issues. It is quite a bit faster tho. ??
I should probably already know this but what does it mean to loosen and tighten a slipper clutch? And how do you do it?

I should probably already know this but what does it mean to loosen and tighten a slipper clutch? And how do you do it?
Yes this is something you should have mastered before other upgrades. You take out the center driveshaft and insert a 2mm driver into the center of the red spline. Top to left to loosen and right to tighten.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back