Big Rock 4s Setups for Arrma Big Rock V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan's_Rcs

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Big Rock V3, and after driving it I realized that I would like a bit more power with cooler temps.

I was researching some 4s setups online, but I'm not really sure which ones work the best . For reference, my goals would to be able to hit around 50mph off road for a full pack (5200mAh) without getting very hot. Is there any motor or combo that would be able to do this?

Thank you!

I run This dirt cheap esc and This 2000kv motor and it has plenty of power i cant gear it down enough to get proper gearing or the motor rubs the driveshaft so it still runs hot but it goes well over 55mph.

i would recommend a 4068-4074 size motor with a kv less than 2000kv and a 6s esc from jennys rc.

What kind of battery you using.. The BR should hit 50??
It does hit 50, but not off road. It also gets really warm, so I was hoping to hit 50 while having lower temps
Here's a good motor I run the 2400kv on 4s in my Granite and it gets a bit hot so I'd suggest either the 2050kv or 1900kv. The 1900kv is y wind so should run cooler than the 2050kv as it is a D wind
https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-4068-4-pole-brushless-sensorless-motor-waterproof.html
Thanks for the reply! I've actually never heard of Y vs D winds before, would you mind explaining the difference?

It does hit 50, but not off road. It also gets really warm, so I was hoping to hit 50 while having lower temps

Thanks for the reply! I've actually never heard of Y vs D winds before, would you mind explaining the difference?
I can't give you a lot of info as I honestly don't know much about it besides it is how the motor is wrapped with copper wire. I just know from speed running experience that D wind motors tend to run a lot hotter than Y wind for some reason.

Back