Outcast 4s shock springs info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonUF02

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
Is there any published or known spring rate info for the stock 4s shocks? They are 80mm, I know the Tekno 80mm front truggy springs will fit, just wondering what the rate is of the stock springs is if I want to do some tuning with different options.

Is there any published or known spring rate info for the stock 4s shocks? They are 80mm, I know the Tekno 80mm front truggy springs will fit, just wondering what the rate is of the stock springs is if I want to do some tuning with different options.
3AE18758-82D5-4041-8DCA-3C730D7F3458.png

Great, now how the heck does that convert to a number with a decimal??

Ok, Tekno and others use lb/in. So front converts to 4.57, and rear 4.0.

I'll have to do more math, but the lowest Tekno 80mm is 4.8 lb/in

Last edited:
Ok, messed up the length

Front = 70mm @4.57
Rear = 84mm @4.0

Need to figure out a small increase in rate, possibly a little longer since I'm using spacers.

My test bed is a small speed bump. Currently I noticed a little tendency for the tail to kick up too much, so possibly up the front stiffness a bit and not as much on the rear for a nice flat launch.

Vs the typhon front shock springs the stock 4s front spring seems a little bit harder just a bit hard to notice im running the stock sprng on the 6s shocks

Cross-referencing thread of compiled Arrma spring part info:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...or-4s-and-most-6s-vehicles.18704/#post-252993

I think I will put the Tekno TKR6040 70mm on the front, that's about 24% stiffer rate. That should pop the nose more, then put thicker oil in the rear to stop the tail kick. I think stock oil is 40wt, but can't find any indication in manual or exploded view document. I'll put 40 in the front and 60 in the rear, see how it drives...

Happy with the Tekno blue 70mm springs on the front today. The rear end is slapping pretty hard at the skate park, I may need to go heavier rate on the rear, combined with the thicker oil. Maybe one step up on both ends for the springs, get it pretty stiff for jumping.

The next step up for 4s Rear would be Talion rear springs 84mm. They are about 35% increase in rate which is a lot. The other choice may be Tekno 90mm rear truggy springs. I am using about 7mm of preload spacers I could remove. Then there are a couple of steps between the Arrma 84mm choices. I need to research the difference between longer springs vs. using preload.

Here's my current setup, I'm liking it a lot. Floats jumps nicely now.

Front: Tekno TKR6040 springs with 45wt oil, one thick spacer clip, one medium. 70mm blue springs.

Rear: Tekno TKR6083 springs with 50wt oil, only one of the smallest spacer clips. Springs are 90mm, so 6mm longer than stock, so had to use less spacer than stock. These are the Orange truggy rear springs everyone used to run on the Kraton/Outcast before they stiffened the stock springs.

This is 20-25% stiffer than stock suspension. The stock works pretty well for yard bashing, but bottoms out pretty hard on any big jumps, I would at least change the rear oil to 50wt on stock to keep the rear end from kicking over.

Update : I changed rear springs one step down to the yellow TKR6082. The orange were a bit too stiff, it was bouncing around. I'm loving the setup now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back