Typhon 4s Typhon: Droopy Shock Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimbles

Certified unintentional RC destroyer
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Hi all, I've got my Typhon mega upgraded to 4s now (woop). However, with the metal front and rear diffs and yokes, a hardcase 4s battery and 40mm can I am getting a lot of suspension droop and little rebound. Currently have the hot racing aluminium shock bodies with stock 4x4 mega springs and the collars all the way down.

Anyone have any suggestions for some stiffer springs that fit this mix? Need to be standard arrma 3s diameter (which i think is 17mm inner, 20mm outer). Are any of the other 4x4 shocks (e.g. kraton 4s) a good switch?

As I understand it my current springs are:

F - 70mm, 1NM
R - 80MM, 0.84NM

With the HR shock bodies, think i could have longer springs.

Cheers chap - so the kraton 6s springs are the same diameter as the typhon 3s springs?
Well I was running 6S shocks. I guess I didn’t mention that. I bought a set of Typhon 6s shocks but they were too short and soft. Added Talion shafts and Kraton springs. Ended up really nice.

The 4S springs are softer than the 3S and also too big diameter. 3S shock bodies are 15mm and 4S are 20mm.
Have you tried more preload?

The 4S springs are softer than the 3S and also too big diameter. 3S shock bodies are 15mm and 4S are 20mm.
Have you tried more preload?
Maxed out on preload. Ive found some random shock springs which might be the same size... they were cheap so will give them a bash. Thanks also for confirming re/sizes!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back