Typhon 4s typhoon basher thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of duratrax tires. had a set for my stampede 4x4 they were good for about 6 runs or so and they were almost flat when truck sat still like foams disintegrated or something. then the wheel stripped. I like proline. gonna get badlands soon.... no more 6s with 21 tooth pinion, was fine with 17 on 6s. but with 21 on 4s it's almost as fast as 17 on 6s.
Never heard anything bad about Badlands, just pricey. I ran a quick road test with sons Typhon geared 20 pinion on 6s with Banditos and hit 73mph before running out of space, he runs 4s and still plenty fast. I've bashed lockups hard with no real issues yet, pulled from high power Backslash, rims mildly bent, time will tell.

finally got around to finishing the front bumper for the typhon today. turned out good. also threw on a brand new set of diamond backs that came with my mugen race buggy...
20161119_201412.jpg
20161119_201404.jpg

finally got some new wheels and tires for the beast... dynamite triggers.... 24 bux a pair at lhs... now a little lift and that will be it... Running a 21 tooth pinion and 6500mah 65c 4s smc brick it really hauls ass and after full pack motor is at 98° can't complain a bit.
20161129_171840.jpg
20161129_171941.jpg

finally got some new wheels and tires for the beast... dynamite triggers.... 24 bux a pair at lhs... now a little lift and that will be it... Running a 21 tooth pinion and 6500mah 65c 4s smc brick it really hauls ass and after full pack motor is at 98° can't complain a bit. View attachment 4053 View attachment 4054

Nice tires. how are they so far?

finally got some new wheels and tires for the beast... dynamite triggers.... 24 bux a pair at lhs... now a little lift and that will be it... Running a 21 tooth pinion and 6500mah 65c 4s smc brick it really hauls ass and after full pack motor is at 98° can't complain a bit. View attachment 4053 View attachment 4054
Looks sweet Josh, those are cool temps, let us know how tires work, seen them at LHS too, for now Lockups still holding up on our rigs, 6s and 4s.

Nice tires. how are they so far?
They are awesome! especially for 24 bux a set. they barley baloon and have awesome traction i run 4s with a 21 tooth pinion and it almost wheelies now. it is a rocket... may try 6s depends few more runs and tires should be broken in and then i will decide if they will hold 6s. the only thing ive done to this since i bought it is add 100k to center diff and 21 tooth pinion... have not touched anythin else at all... and its had some decent run time... i also spray bearings with drylube every couple runs.

well it's been awhile and the typhon is still going strong I have put 100k in center diff and just replaced the rear wheel bearings. i have ran at least 75 packs thru her and other than that I have not had to do anything to this car it has taken all I've thrown at it so far. getting ready to set it up to race.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back