Kraton 4S V2 DIFF FLUIDS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I have never changed the fluid in any of my 3s or 4s diffs. I usually put 60/500/30 in my 6s and want to get about the same results except on my 4s V2. Have any of you guys played with different fluids on the 4s line?
I have hot racing diff cups ordered and am looking for what fluids may be best for when I change them. What y’all thank🤷?

4S rigs are lighter and don't have a Center diff. Drive way different than any 6s rig.
I don't own any 4x4.,
But I would start out with Doubling the OE Oil CST Fr and Rr. Can even use the same Fr- Rr ratio of oils as your 6s rigs. Front double that of the Rr. Lighter rigs generally run thinner diff oil. How I always approached it.
Its personal preference and trial and error what ultimately works for you.
Don't feel the objective is to make it feel/drive like your 6s rigs.
Others will hopefully chime in, who own 4x4's.
Good luck.:cool:

I really just a bit less energy transfer across the diffs and a bit thicker up front. What is stock? 10k in both??
Yup. Half filled with 10k 😂 I think that they only partially fill diffs and shocks for two reasons. These things can be are shipped overseas and shipped again to the retailer/consumer . Oils will expand with pressure and temperature changes. Also, oils are expensive and diff/shock oils are not really a visual thing so double win for them.

Yup. Half filled with 10k 😂 I think that they only partially fill diffs and shocks for two reasons. These things can be are shipped overseas and shipped again to the retailer/consumer . Oils will expand with pressure and temperature changes. Also, oils are expensive and diff/shock oils are not really a visual thing so double win for them.
That seems to be right as far as I can tell from past vehicles. Thank you guys I’m going to try your recipe 20k rear 30k front. I didn’t want to make the diffs too stiff for the slipper clutch. If that makes sense?

That seems to be right as far as I can tell from past vehicles. Thank you guys I’m going to try your recipe 20k rear 30k front. I didn’t want to make the diffs too stiff for the slipper clutch. If that makes sense?
Diff oil in the diffs shouldn’t affect slipper action, I believe. It’ll affect how each set of wheels puts power to the ground. It’ll stop one wheel from ‘diffing’ out, or spinning at a much higher rate of speed than the other. It’ll distribute the power more evenly.
* I think I have this right. Perhaps others will chime in…

Diff oil in the diffs shouldn’t affect slipper action, I believe. It’ll affect how each set of wheels puts power to the ground. It’ll stop one wheel from ‘diffing’ out, or spinning at a much higher rate of speed than the other. It’ll distribute the power more evenly.
* I think I have this right. Perhaps others will chime in…
If you get too much resistance across the diffs it will push resistance back to the slipper. Energy needs to release at some point. Slipper is the weakest point in 3s&4s line. I think your 30/20 set up will be good but 500/500 would be too much. All my 6s oil s are too thick I think. It seems like you want what I want I just wasn’t sure where to start.
Thanks!

Wouldn't you want the stiffer oil in the rear to get better traction and better cornering capability when on the throttle? Just curious here... Just got a Kraton 4s v2 and looking to try a new setup but I have 10k 30k and 50k diff oils and trying to figure out a good ratio.

Wouldn't you want the stiffer oil in the rear to get better traction and better cornering capability when on the throttle? Just curious here... Just got a Kraton 4s v2 and looking to try a new setup but I have 10k 30k and 50k diff oils and trying to figure out a good ratio.
Thicker in the rear won’t let your rear wheels turn at different speeds pushing the car straight. When in a corner you want your front wheels to have less slip so that both sides pull you around the corner. Thin oil upfront will let energy go to the tire with less weight and create spin which again makes the car turn wider. That’s been my experience anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back