Outcast 4s V2 Kraton and Outcast owners…need a little help please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
I am upgrading one of my 3S trucks (Old Yeller) with many of the 4s parts off of jennys. Couple of things are confusing me right now…

The driveshafts appear to be different front and back where they connect to the differential. It’s not shown on the Exploded on-line view in detail, so I can’t tell which goes where. I’m also not sure how to tell if I’ve got the ‘fixed’ driveshaft or the original ones with issues.

Also, for the life of me I can’t figure out how to attach the sway bars at the bulkhead. It’s not like the 6S cars. I messed with them for close to an hour yesterday and just ended up frustrated.

Can somebody with a 4s truck point me in the right direction please? Many thanks as always!

I could be wrong, but they should be the same. Since they are telscopic, perhaps they appear to be different lengths front and rear?
Just a thought.
I don't own a 4x4 rig.
Maybe I misundertood your question.
You have much more experience with these 4x4's.

Hey buddy, the drive shaft axles are the same length, it’s the collar that attaches to the differential that’s different. These things are 95% similar to the regular 3S cars… but these couple of things are throwing me off. I didn’t feel good enough to take a picture earlier but am moving around now. Here’s what I mean:

FACD37B3-2DAA-49D2-9C6B-D16F63003BBC.jpeg

C8B42BB1-8433-42CD-B382-ADD104A66400.jpeg

The deeper grooved axles are the rear.. that's the "fixed" version.. they used to all look like the front shaft's... Did you buy the bulkheads?.. cause they are different now..😉

The deeper grooved axles are the rear.. that's the "fixed" version.. they used to all look like the front shaft's... Did you buy the bulkheads?.. cause they are different now..😉
It’s great seeing your response because I was just looking over your pictures of the one you have for sale lol. I got all the parts except for the chassis, body and wing. I’m going to stick with a standard long wheelbase chassis and if I can’t get my current body to fit, I’ll paint another one exactly like it (screw ups and all because it turned out sweet).

I was able to figure out looking at your pictures that the sway bar is mounted into the bumper somehow (I think). I was assuming it mounted to the bulkhead, so it’s making more sense now and I’m glad I picked up the outcast bumper set.

Thanks man!
Sway bars attach to the bumpers View attachment 248523
Thank you! Makes so much more sense now 😂

I don’t quite get how the screws that clamp down the sway bar actually hold. The hole that they screw into, it’s only like 5mm deep because there’s a screw underneath which holds the bumper on. Am I doing something wrong? I double checked the breakdown and it shows 8 mm screws. But if I use 8 mm screws they don’t even screw in all the way 🫤

I don’t quite get how the screws that clamp down the sway bar actually hold. The hole that they screw into, it’s only like 5mm deep because there’s a screw underneath which holds the bumper on. Am I doing something wrong? I double checked the breakdown and it shows 8 mm screws. But if I use 8 mm screws they don’t even screw in all the way 🫤

Do you have the plastic plate that goes above the sway bar? See the pic I posted for you a couple of weeks ago.

Do you have the plastic plate that goes above the sway bar? See the pic I posted for you a couple of weeks ago.
Yup. I have the plastic plates (with small grubs in them) sway bars, 8mm screws and other doodads. It’s the attaching to the bulk head part I’m confused about. From the exploded diagram I’m doing it right… but there’s very little purchase for the plate screws to bite into and they do not tighten down on the plate. I’ve got to be doing something wrong but can’t see what it is.

Yup. I have the plastic plates (with small grubs in them) sway bars, 8mm screws and other doodads. It’s the attaching to the bulk head part I’m confused about. From the exploded diagram I’m doing it right… but there’s very little purchase for the plate screws to bite into and they do not tighten down on the plate. I’ve got to be doing something wrong but can’t see what it is.

There’s no screw underneath that holds the bumper on, the hole is easily 10mm deep. It doesn’t attach to the bulkhead, it attaches to the wraparound skid plate.

1CA16DCE-92BA-4E73-B84D-58ED6ED3B85F.jpeg

A84AFF99-3DDA-4B5B-ACCE-72DF6CD546D6.jpeg

Last edited:
It doesn’t attach to the bulkhead, it attaches to the wraparound skid plate

There’s my problem. Thanks man the pictures definitely help.

I am running 6S shocks from a Kraton on my 4S build. The stock rear springs are too soft and the front springs are too hard. I’m going to try team associated yellow springs upfront…but I cannot find an appropriate spring for the rear. Aside from the team associated RC8B3 yellow springs, what other brands springs will fit on the 6s shocks? I have looked, researched and tried to figure it out but I’m having trouble. Thanks y’all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back