Mojave 4S vs 6S for durability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mojave is just a big ass garbage can. Put it in the trash where it belongs. To make it into a worthwhile truck, you have to modify it to the point where it’s just a kraton. So just go get a kraton.
The Kraton 6s and the Mojave 6s are completely different. The Mojave is for open fields and long jumps. The K6S is for bashing, double, triple backflips. Worthwhile truck? The Mojave? Do you even have one? Just curious. I have two of them and I'm not expecting to do with the Mojave what I do with my hybrid Typhon 6s, K8S O8S, Xmaxx etc. Is the Mojave durable and fun for what it's intended for? Absolutely. If you don't like SCT, then I agree why you hate the Mojave. Just saying.

If you like the Big Air Thing with all your rigs, and think you can do that with the Mojo like all the YT'ers do, you are sadly mistaken. (n)
Mojo is a different platform and is heavy. And closed wheeled. It is Not intended to be a Kraton Alternative.
I find my Mojo to be fairly durable compared to my Kraton. No big air at all with mine. Makes no sense to drive it that way. A speed demon on grass and dirt. Moderate 4 foot jumpers here and there.
You either like SCT's or you don't.
My V1 6s RTR Mojo is still my Favorite. ( Use my NB4 radio, Tossing the crap OE Radio out the Box) Typhon TLRT/4s comes in second place.
I like different rigs with different personalities. Each has a purpose.
I added the M2C chassis braces and chassis. Along with JBI Towers.
It is the body mounts that will always break if you are driving it wrong. ( Big Air/lawn darting it/driver error)
I feel 8s gear is way too much weight for the already heavy Mojo. ( Body brings substantial weight alone) 8s Not necessary. Overkill. And just a liability.

Last edited:
Very recognizable all the above written. I have 2 Mojaves.
1 for my daughter and 1 for me.
I drive a 6S and have already broken down so much that the list does not fit on your screen.
The drivetrain in particular continued to struggle.
My daughter uses 4SHV 15.2V and this car rarely has any problems.
In the meantime I have given the cars upgrades (plastic>to metal),
especially the drivetrain and I don't often have these problems with my 6S anymore.
Sometimes I break a sprocket or have some play somewhere that I can undo with shims, but that's about it.

Not a bad thread to revive. To answer the original question, my Mojave (EXB w/HW Max6 1650kv combo) has always been run exclusively on 6s. I’ve had the typical crash carnage with multiple body mounts and bumpers destroyed, but the drivetrain has been pretty much bulletproof. I’ve only rebuilt the diffs once, and that was many packs ago.
By comparison, my (much lighter) Typhon 6s cars, two off-road and two on-road, have always been run exclusively on 4s. Those things are fast, light, and handle great on 4s. I did try a 6s pack once in one of the street bashers but I found it to be just too much. It exceeded the “sweet spot” of the chassis IMO.
My nephews Fireteam has just finished two packs of 4s to break in the differentials. They will be removed and rebuilt, and afterwards I expect this truck to mostly be run on 6s. Mostly because, like the Mojave, it’s heavy. But man is that thing fun! I may get one at some point, sell the body/cage/soldiers as a new take-off, and perhaps do that cool looking Lim body hack to shave a couple pounds and lower the CG. I’d love to drive a FT set up that way. I suggested that my nephew might try it, but that particular 13yo is totally into the factory look.
LSS, I really prefer the lighter rigs on 4s, and they would definitely break less. The heavier ones run on 6s, wrench when needed. Part of the fun anyway!

By comparison, my (much lighter) Typhon 6s cars, two off-road and two on-road, have always been run exclusively on 4s. Those things are fast, light, and handle great on 4s. I did try a 6s pack once in one of the street bashers but I found it to be just too much. It exceeded the “sweet spot” of the chassis IMO.
+1. The Typhon is best on 4S.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back