Vendetta 4x4 rally build (Vorteks / Vendetta mash up)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSR85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
So, I figured I should turn this into a build thread.

Recap:

Most rally Arrmas I’ve seen have been 6S Typhon based, and I found one 3S Senton rally bodied car.

I have a 3S Vorteks, bought a Typhon 6s, was gonna sell the Vorteks, then the vendetta came out and it got me thinking and after comparing an open box vendetta to a vorteks side by side in my local hobby shop that I might be able to use vendetta parts to make a rally car happen.

When the Vendetta parts showed up on JRC, I decided to experiment and bought a lot of parts.

I’m using a delta plastiks WRX 1/8 325 GT for this project as the LWB 3S meets that WB. Yes, I’ve owned lots of Subarus… STi, WRX, FXT, battlewagons, etc… but I modded everyone of them. So, this Subaru will be no different.

So far I’m on a 4x4 LWB(vendetta uses long and vorteks is on the short), Vorteks/granite RPM arms, Vorteks towers and shocks, Vendetta bumpers(for a splitter and diffuser) and sway bars and Vorteks drivetrain.

Per some internet measurements and guesstimating the hoon 17mm hex 100mm fronts should put me at the 310mm width needed for the body, and the size should look right.

I’m was already on Arrma 3S CVDs which there was no way I found to adapt to 17mm with Arrma parts but I bought the Traxxas hexs that solve that problem.

Next I need to figure out body mounting but I’m a little ways away from that.

Tonight I adapted the vendetta front and rear sway bar to the vorteks RPM arms. I marked as best I could then drilled holes in the arms. Ball end Allen keys really helped get that screw in on the inside of the arms.

4657D355-DE54-4B6C-8870-6A26DEB04243.jpeg

8CE02CA1-DDE1-4B0E-8918-474AF4B8008E.jpeg

2D0C1128-7613-4AC6-8A48-8DDC48D57FF0.jpeg

5BC057D7-C3B0-4D09-B8C3-C11C1B6D23B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Small update(pics later), I got the 100mm hoons in and looks like my estimates were off, the medium width 4x4 arms puts the cars width at 270mm and too narrow for the 1/8 GT body. I am going to get some felony rears from a friend for further mock up, however I think that size wheel might look odd.

I had a 4x4 long arm setup which I swapped in and sure enough that puts the width at ~310mm. I happened to have RPM long arms, and when I went to drill the hole for the sway bar the support spar is kinda in the way so you just have to drill inboard to it as close as possible to that point for the end link to clear.

I bought a felony front splitter and the holes don’t line up and it won’t fit with out trimming and drilling new holes.

So given all that, I am beginning to think the best starting point for this would probably be a Typhon 3s not the Vorteks, if you are using the narrow 100mm hoons because you have the wide suspension and 17mm hex already. I will probably end up with a complete 4x4 slider out of this lol.

I found some post holiday motivation last night, and did not want to work on the house renovations. I started to get the body fitted. Still have some things to finish up. Here are a few more pics. Optimistically, I think I should be painted by the end of the week.

The diffuser over cowl ended up needed to cut really high into the body. I need to figure out a front splitter to balance out the front. I have senton side bars which I’ll try and use Velcro or magnets(still trying to figure out how they work) to keep the side nice and toight.

CD83D3D0-7844-4C54-B6AB-094E386BAF80.jpeg

F5057814-8D52-41C6-82CD-449EEA30F267.jpeg

FAE6DC69-90FB-4D07-B1E4-BBA3BF26ED35.jpeg

7BF6B286-F7D0-4905-BFBC-EFE95163FE75.jpeg

07BAE51A-DAC2-4C09-B57F-D3572FD5E0E9.jpeg

I actually gave up on it a while back after I wrecked the body then converted the car back into a vorteks.

I found that the 1/8 wide rally body is just too big for the 4x4 platform. If you want that size body the 6S Typhon is the better starting point and has been documented a few times.

The key to using the Arrma 4x4 for a rally car is gonna be finding the right body and wheels. Probably something like the Slash Rally sized.

I actually gave up on it a while back after I wrecked the body then converted the car back into a vorteks.

I found that the 1/8 wide rally body is just too big for the 4x4 platform. If you want that size body the 6S Typhon is the better starting point and has been documented a few times.

The key to using the Arrma 4x4 for a rally car is gonna be finding the right body and wheels. Probably something like the Slash Rally sized.
I've been dying for a rally Arrma. I put the mega infraction tires on my 3s infraction and ran it at the local BMX track, and I had a blast. I keep bugging Arrma on their Instagram posts. A purpose built rally on the 3s platform with an Arrma designed hatchback body, I think it would be epic. I saw where some members put the Traxxas Fiesta body on a granite, that might be a good starting point

I've been dying for a rally Arrma. I put the mega infraction tires on my 3s infraction and ran it at the local BMX track, and I had a blast. I keep bugging Arrma on their Instagram posts. A purpose built rally on the 3s platform with an Arrma designed hatchback body, I think it would be epic. I saw where some members put the Traxxas Fiesta body on a granite, that might be a good starting point
Yeah, to be done well with a great use experience Arrma would have to just develop something like they did with the vendetta.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back