Senton 4x4 tryna convert to Traxxas esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodrich0827

Reaction score
I’m new to arma an I’m wondering if I could run a Traxxas brushless esc an motor in the arma Senton 4x4 I’m always used Traxxas idk much about the Armas

I own both Traxxas and Arrma vehicles, and I don't recommend using a Traxxas ESC in an Arrma. Many of the Traxxas ESCs have high failure rates: if you go to any of the Traxxas forums (other than the official Traxxas forum) you will see what I mean. Many Traxxas owners who upgrade buy Hobbywing ESCs and motors.

I own both Traxxas and Arrma vehicles, and I don't recommend using a Traxxas ESC in an Arrma. Many of the Traxxas ESCs have high failure rates: if you go to any of the Traxxas forums (other than the official Traxxas forum) you will see what I mean. Many Traxxas owners who upgrade buy Hobbywing ESCs and motors.
Agree with @morrjr71.....

save the headache....

You  could do it..... But.....

My Traxxas ESC is known for being weak..... While the motor is tough....

My 2¢

Arrma/Traxxas motors have the same bolt pattern on almost all their motors (25mm/1inch). So as long as the length and diameter fit, you can swap any motor you like. For ESC, as long as it fits and its secure, there is no reason you can't use any ESC. You may just have to change out connectors as necessary (TRX to EC5 for example).

As a word of warning, traxxas and arrma do not use the same diameter bullet connectors for motor/esc, so they are not directly cross compatible (plug and play) unless you solder on new connectors.

I have a VXL3S running in a granite for a long time, its nuts.. The only major drawback is that I would need the TQi remote/receiver to turn down reverse power. I think its at 100% so when you go to reverse the truck with front flip. :LOL:. I cannot find a setting in the ESC to change this.

Would I do this again? Probably not, unless I had the ESC laying around.

Personally I have not had a Traxxas esc fail on my 3s or 6s rigs. I hear 8s had a few issues way back when but seem to be fine now.

Last edited:
Agree with @morrjr71.....

save the headache....

You  could do it..... But.....

My Traxxas ESC is known for being weak..... While the motor is tough....

My 2¢
I second this, and add this as well. I would go with HobbyWing, Reedy, or Dynamite for ESC's before i would any of the Traxxas ESC's. The only thing i like about Traxxas brushless is that the motors can be rebuilt cheap.

As for your Senton, pretty much any 1/10TH combo, from HobbyWing, Reedy, Castle, and even some of the cheap Chinese Amazon and eBay combos will work in it. Most 3650 and 3660 brushless motors, including variants, as long as they start with 36, and brushed 540 and 550 motors will work in it. However, for brushless motors, be careful of the KV range. Try to stay between 3300 and 4300KV for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back