Kraton 5 minutes!!! 🤬

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I finally get time to go run my build after rebuilding the rear diff with M2C cups and installing rear M2C drive shafts. I was trying to record a little action at a skate park up the street from me. I didn't have time before it got dark to get to the RC park. 1st jump I tried to record... broke a left turnbuckle. I thought these EXB ones were supposed to be tough! 🤬
20221124_164250.jpg
On top of that the video was trash. 😒

Poor guy, those days suck. I took my new XRT out to the bmx spot I think the 3rd pack and I blew a tire after 2 jumps. I could have cried like a kid. :ROFLMAO:

A bad landing on the front wheel will do that.. Heck I’ve snapped the Lunsford Titanium ones like that. 🤷‍♂️

It happens… Bash, Break, Repair and Repeat. 🤘

A bad landing on the front wheel will do that.. Heck I’ve snapped the Lunsford Titanium ones like that. 🤷‍♂️

It happens… Bash, Break, Repair and Repeat. 🤘
Just found those... About to order them. Is there anything better available for turnbuckle end then the stock plastic ones?

Just found those... About to order them. Is there anything better available for turnbuckle end then the stock plastic ones?
Nah, imo it’s best to leave them plastic and keep a bag of spares.
I tried metal HR shock rod ends once and instead of breaking the cheap plastic end. It ripped the top of the shock off! 😮

That’s why we also always have more than one truck. I usually have 4 with me.
That helps but I usually just break all 4 🤪🤣

That’s why we also always have more than one truck. I usually have 4 with me.
I only have 1 truck. I also have an XMAXX but it's for sale so I am not using it... Trying to trade it for a second Arrma, maybe a Outcast 6s or 8s EXB and maybe some cash
If not I may start running it.
Going to do this...

I only have 1 truck. I also have an XMAXX but it's for sale so I am not using it... Trying to trade it for a second Arrma, maybe a Outcast 6s or 8s EXB and maybe some cash
If not I may start running it.
Going to do this...
Trade it for an infraction, those are fun as heck!! 😎

Trade it for an infraction, those are fun as heck!! 😎
Had a Felony... Put an MMX8s 1717 combo in it. Cool but not a lot of places to use it around here. Traded it for my K6 EXB and some cash.

Last edited:
That helps but I usually just break all 4 🤪🤣
Yea man I try to take at least 2 but normally 3 rigs with me to the BMX spot and I pretty much end up with all 3 broken by the end every single time. We actually celebrate if we make it home with a working rig. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Yea man I try to take at least 2 but normally 3 rigs with me to the BMX spot and I pretty much end up with all 3 broken by the end every single time. We actually celebrate if we make it home with a working rig. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
I go BIG! 🚀
Then I go home.. 🫣

Going to do this...
So my LHS had Arrma 5M 95MM tie rods in stock which is the same length as the standard front tie rods but 5mm thick, like the ones in the video, only steel instead of titanium. I'm going to do the same with them as he did for $11 instead of $48. 🤷‍♂️

I replaced the fronts with the 5mm steel ones!
20221126_130648.jpg

Then I got about 10 minutes into a pack aaaaaannnd my front diff output cup failed! 🤦
20221126_141333.jpg

I am totally fiddlesticked now. I won't be able to get an M2C one and have it ship in time and fix it before I go on vacation... Until next year I guess. 😥
Chewed up my arm pretty good to!
20221126_142917.jpg

Last edited:
I finally get time to go run my build after rebuilding the rear diff with M2C cups and installing rear M2C drive shafts. I was trying to record a little action at a skate park up the street from me. I didn't have time before it got dark to get to the RC park. 1st jump I tried to record... broke a left turnbuckle. I thought these EXB ones were supposed to be tough! 🤬View attachment 258307On top of that the video was trash. 😒
I keep telling everyone that most EXB parts suck. EXB shiny Tie Rods and all. No better than stock Black Oxide coated ones. Just fancy logo'ed EXB markings, some just shiny, made of monkey metal. Wait till the EXB shock standoffs snap off easily, if you got them there. They are actually a downgrade IMHO.. Stockers are way better. All Monkey metal 70XX whatever it is $Bling$. Been there.

Last edited:
I keep telling everyone that most EXB parts suck. EXB shiny Tie Rods and all. Just fancy logo'ed EXB markings, some just shiny, made of monkey metal. Wait till the EXB shock standoffs snap off easily, if you got them there. Stockers are way better. All Monkey metal 70XX whatever it is $Bling$. Been there.
Their diff cups suck really badly... I haven't broken the shock standoffs yet but I am sure it's coming.

One by one I have went back to Stock standoffs as they snapped. With my exposed Front shock tower of my TLRT Typhon, I was eating them left and right. Of course user error. But at least with the stocker standoffs I replace a screw and I'm rolling again. I can do this out while bashing. The EXB standoffs don't come cheap. And they are crappy brittle metal at that.
The stockers will usually just bend or snap at the screw. Just need to replace the screw. How cheap and simple.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back