50 and Over Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40 here. I started with a Grasshopper R/C buggy and upgraded to the Raider Pro. Then started bashing with a Traxxas Hawk 2. Loved dying the parts to make it look unique.

49 does that count?
I'm 49 going on 75. List of ailments over the last two years, says my body is older than my birth certificate registers;)

49 in April. Always had el cheapo RCs but when the 12 year old gets bored we bought 1/16 Dromidas and then it was on. Saw all the good reviews about Arrmas and bought the Senton. Got some bigger 2.8 tires on the way. :p This hobby seriously drains my car restoration money but we are having way too much fun with it.

Currently 47. As a teen during the 1980's I owned one of the vintage Tamiya buggies and an RC10. I sold them to move on to other hobbies. Fast forward 30 years to 2016. My 6 year old daughter is fascinated with a neighbor kid's $50 toy RC. Well, that was the catalyst. Thanks to the internet, YouTube, and forums such as this, my interest has been renewed realizing now how much RC's have improved over 3 decades. In the last 2.5 years, I've acquired 10 cars, 6 of which are Arrmas.

53 here, started out with a Cox fuel car. Had to hook a battery to the glow plug, spin a rear wheel till it fired up, turn the wheels either left or right, run away from it and watch till it either wrecked or run out of fuel. Man, talk about good ole days..... Lol. Got out the hobby for years till 2016. This is my collection today, three arrmas in the family....... Lol

Attachments

• 20190213_190739.jpg
    20190213_190739.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 54
My brother and I had the Cox cars. Like a buggy, gold with yellow stripe if I remember right. They don’t make toys like that anymore. How about those one wheel cars with the gear on the wheel and the plastic rack gear you would pull through it as hard as you could and let it fly down the street. My brother got one of those stuck in my hair one time...ouch!

My brother and I had the Cox cars. Like a buggy, gold with yellow stripe if I remember right. They don’t make toys like that anymore. How about those one wheel cars with the gear on the wheel and the plastic rack gear you would pull through it as hard as you could and let it fly down the street. My brother got one of those stuck in my hair one time...ouch!
Mine was orange and kinda looked like the Mr X car from the speedracer cartoon. I cut a lot of grass and washed many cars to keep it going. Batteries, glowplugs, fuel and tires, mom wasn't very supportive of it..... Lol

Been wracking my old brain trying to remember just when I did get into RCing. It was planes for me at first.
Sometime around 1975 +/-. Goldberg Falcon 56 with a Tower Hobbies 6 channel (I think.) It was white and had closed gimbles.
I was 20 yrs old.

First surface car was an RC10 Pan car around 1988.
I remember seeing my first Hobby grade? cars. Tamiya Frog & Grasshopper, IIRC.

My wife now has an Arrma Kratin sitting in the floor in the living room. Although I ordered 2 within 1 minute of each other, and both from the same page on Amazon, mine is still riding around on a UPS truck. Hers came FedEx.

I won't open hers.:( She gets to do that.:love:

I'm 49. Tore both hamstrings in 2018, surgery on both wrists for carpal tunnel (Nov 2108 & tomorrow) and I have to have my gall bladder removed March 6th. FML. Not sure if I'll make it 50 cause 49's been a hell of a climb. ?

I'm 49. Tore both hamstrings in 2018, surgery on both wrists for carpal tunnel (Nov 2108 & tomorrow) and I have to have my gall bladder removed March 6th. FML. Not sure if I'll make it 50 cause 49's been a hell of a climb. ?

How did you tear both hamstings?! Yikes!

How did you tear both hamstings?! Yikes!
Left leg indoor soccer around January 2018, sprinting my old ass trying to stop a ball from going out of bounds. Recovered enough to play slo-pitch in May, then blew out the right one running to catch a fly ball in August, the week before playoffs. Everything was good til 48, then boom, everything started to fall apart. Oh 50, you're so close yet so far...........

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back