Limitless 50 Series Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 50 series sliding mount from Arrma (ARA320538) will fit a Hobbywing 1100kv with 30mm mounting bolt spacing? I cannot find any detail on this part. If it doesn’t fit 30mm spacing, I don’t see what purpose it serves.

It looks like a 56mm can will hit the bottom of the chassis, which I think could be fixed with a spacer.

I just went through this and it SUCKS. That 50 series plate is basically for arrma motors as no one else uses 25mm spacing. You're forced to spend money on PPS mount or the cheap eBay big block mount. Hot racing also has a knock off PPS mount.

I just went through this and it SUCKS. That 50 series plate is basically for arrma motors as no one else uses 25mm spacing. You're forced to spend money on PPS mount or the cheap eBay big block mount. Hot racing also has a knock off PPS mount.
I own both. The pps is a amazing mount. And the hr in the kraton is great as well. Can't go wrong with either 🤷

I own both. The pps is a amazing mount. And the hr in the kraton is great as well. Can't go wrong with either 🤷
It just sucks when you want to be able to swap motors between rigs quickly. Originally I wanted to get like a tp 5650 and swap it in all my rigs but that's a lot of motor mounts I'd have to buy. Would be so easy if arrma made a 50 series plate with 30mm spacing. I'd just have to buy one and it would fit in everything 😔 I wish I could talk myself into 4 PPS mounts, that's almost a whole new rig 🤣

The @PPS-RC mount supports all motors with one plate.
But the PPS motor plate on works with the PPS mount right? If I wanted to use a 5650 in a limitless and a mojave for example, wouldn't I need a PPS mount in both rigs? Unless I wanted to swap motor mounts every time I wanted to put the 5650 in a different rig.

But the PPS motor plate on works with the PPS mount right? If I wanted to use a 5650 in a limitless and a mojave for example, wouldn't I need a PPS mount in both rigs? Unless I wanted to swap motor mounts every time I wanted to put the 5650 in a different rig.
Yes, you can buy a separate plate or mount if you need extras. You don't have to buy the entire setup if you only need one piece or another.

Yes, you can buy a separate plate or mount if you need extras. You don't have to buy the entire setup if you only need one piece or another.
25mm or 30mm
That's what makes the pps so much better than the hr.
Remove screen shot. My mistake

Last edited:
That's the 8S mount, not the 6S mount.
Took the wrong screen shot. My mistake 😅
Correct one

Screenshot_20220422-222005_Chrome.jpg

Are there 25mm and 30mm hot racing mounts? The descriptions don’t seem to say what the spacing is.

It just sucks when you want to be able to swap motors between rigs quickly. Originally I wanted to get like a tp 5650 and swap it in all my rigs but that's a lot of motor mounts I'd have to buy. Would be so easy if arrma made a 50 series plate with 30mm spacing. I'd just have to buy one and it would fit in everything 😔 I wish I could talk myself into 4 PPS mounts, that's almost a whole new rig 🤣

So, another option for the PPS mount if you have one motor you want to swap between multiple vehicles is to buy one mount kit, and only the frame for each additional build.

As @jondilly1974 mentioned, all parts are available separately.

https://practicalproto.com/products...-grublock-motor-mounts?variant=39608893243443
20220423_090518.jpg

So, another option for the PPS mount if you have one motor you want to swap between multiple vehicles is to buy one mount kit, and only the frame for each additional build.

As @jondilly1974 mentioned, all parts are available separately.

https://practicalproto.com/products...-grublock-motor-mounts?variant=39608893243443View attachment 213508
🤣 I thought of this but then I realized I still would need to buy inserts for each rig motor as well as the one I want to swap to since the stock insert doesn't work with your mount. I ended up saying screw it and ordered 3 mounts yesterday. 😎
Are there 25mm and 30mm hot racing mounts? The descriptions don’t seem to say what the spacing is.
I actually don't know. I think you're better off paying the extra 14$ and getting the real deal PPS over hr,

Anyone have experience with the motor mount?

BE21BC38-90F1-4F9C-BBF7-CE1163E2AEDE.png

Anyone have experience with the motor mount?

View attachment 231144
I saw a video of earl moorhead trying to use that mount and it works fine but adjusting gear mesh is bad, really bad. So bad I decided to not be cheap and just got the pps mount lol. If you don't mind jumping through flaming hoops to adjust your mesh then its fine.

I saw a video of earl moorhead trying to use that mount and it works fine but adjusting gear mesh is bad, really bad. So bad I decided to not be cheap and just got the pps mount lol. If you don't mind jumping through flaming hoops to adjust your mesh then its fine.
yea i was also looking at the pps mount and the htr mount may get get the htr 1 was looking at dat 1 for the price n was wondering how the hell u adjust the mesh or mount the motor😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back