Outcast 50C Vs higher @ 6S Anyone see a difference?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtx

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Curious if the Outcast, or any of the Arrma 6S kit's runs any better on higher C than 50? Has anyone run a comparison? Trying to figure out if it's worth it to go with 90C + batt's for the Arrma 6S series.

Personally I think it's not worth it. You can get two or more absolutely fine Turnigy HD 6S batteries for one so called 90C, as an example.

I have 2 3s 4600mah 90c and I feel it’s got a little more kick than my 2 3s 5000mah 35c. The 90c is smc for $80 and the 35c is onyx for a lot more. Smcs are hard case and onyx are soft. But this is just my opinion. It may not be true but I started throwing pinions after I used my smcs lol.

Yeah - that's what I'm thinking as well. I have some 60C and 90C on the way so will be able to check out. I was looking at higher C due to the fact that I may pick up the new Losi XXL3 and it might benefit from more c.

A 90c rate battery is fine for a 1/8th scale and up, buying one for a 1/10th scale is where it's not worth it.

A few years ago, someone hooked up an amp meter to the v1 electronics and observed that it will draw more than 120 A continuous if it can. My guess would be the the latest electronics can do even bettery. For 6S, higher discharge rates may not be much benefit, but for 4S, it may be worth it.

Another item to keep in mind is the XT90 plug. For people running a single battery configuration, there may be value to switching to a higher current plug such as the Castle 5.5 mm bullet.

A few years ago, someone hooked up an amp meter to the v1 electronics and observed that it will draw more than 120 A continuous if it can. My guess would be the the latest electronics can do even bettery. For 6S, higher discharge rates may not be much benefit, but for 4S, it may be worth it.

Another item to keep in mind is the XT90 plug. For people running a single battery configuration, there may be value to switching to a higher current plug such as the Castle 5.5 mm bullet.
Ha - I'm just now converting everything to ec5 for my 8S setups.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back