5687 in a Limitless, what gearing ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
Hello there great people's

Now I'm starting to get my limitless great to drive
But it's not fast enough, I'll have a spool with 39 and a 34t pinion on the motor
My combo is
Max5 with a 8-12s Em performance cap
5687 8s 1100kv motor
Vant 4s 100c 9000mah batteries for 8s

Will i be able to run 39t pinion on motor and a 34t on the spool

DSC_2256.JPG

Most of the guys running the castle 2028 (1100kv) motor, run the 29t optional Arrma spur gear or smaller.
Like Rot mentioned above if you want to go over 120mph you will need a Castle XLX2 or MMX8s ESC. (the XLX2 will run cooler)

The XLX2 is noted for having issues with 6 pole motors (on the current software release we have), not sure if the HW motor is 4 pole or 6 pole?

캐슬 2028 (1100kv) 모터를 실행하는 대부분의 사람들은 29t 옵션 Arrma 스퍼 기어 이하를 실행합니다.
위에서 언급 한 Rot와 같이 120mph 이상으로 이동하려면 Castle XLX2 또는 MMX8s ESC가 필요합니다. (XLX2는 더 시원하게 작동합니다)

XLX2는 6 극 모터 (현재 소프트웨어 릴리스에서)에 문제가있는 것으로 알려져 있지만 HW 모터가 4 극인지 6 극인지 확실하지 않습니까?
tp 모터는 6 극입니다.
tp 모터와 xlx2esc가 맞지 않는다는 뜻입니까?

tp 모터는 6 극입니다.
tp 모터와 xlx2esc가 맞지 않는다는 뜻입니까?
Your translation software is not working well, my Korean friend. We don't get to see your posts in English.

I've ran my SSS 6p motor and it runs fine, did like 125 with the gearing i had at hand.
I assume the issues Liberty is referring to 6p on extreme gearing, making the difference between 150 and 150+

Your translation software is not working well, my Korean friend. We don't get to see your posts in English.

I've ran my SSS 6p motor and it runs fine, did like 125 with the gearing i had at hand.
I assume the issues Liberty is referring to 6p on extreme gearing, making the difference between 150 and 150+
6pole issues Capture.JPG

James is a tester for castle ESCs btw

oh my god...
Does that mean tp 4070cm 2200kv is 6 poles, but it doesn't work?Successfully updated xlx2esc. There are currently no abnormalities.

View attachment 145267

James is a tester for castle ESCs btw
Good to know, thx for the info. I luckily chose not to go on the high rpm 56 path. Happy with my 4070CM's
My 6p SSS motor only does like 25k rpms (800-1000kv). I can imagine the firmware going crazy on a 1440/1736 reaching near 50K rpm's on 6p.

oh....im sorry..my miss take...
4070cm best gearing?
You should start with the 27T pinion gear and 34T spur gear which is the standard gearing supplied with the Limitless.

You then run the car like that, check your set up, get it dialled in running straight, check your temperatures, see what speed you max out at like that and then gear up from there.

No good trying to gear it for high speed when you've no previous practice, experience and don't know how the car runs imho. Start slow and build up to higher speeds gradually, ...you'll learn more that way and it will cost you less in the pocket overall as crashes can be expensive.

It's also dangerous if you don't know what you're doing with a 6kg missile doing over 100mph.

oh....im sorry..my miss take...
4070cm best gearing?
You should not hijack Infraction666 thread like this. You can start your own. ;)
4070cm on stock diffs, ideally 34/34. Running a max5, you will find the sweetspot somewhere at 29/30T. Totally agree with GMballistic though. Step by step

You should start with the 27T pinion gear and 34T spur gear which is the standard gearing supplied with the Limitless.

You then run the car like that, check your set up, get it dialled in running straight, check your temperatures, see what speed you max out at like that and then gear up from there.

No good trying to gear it for high speed when you've no previous practice, experience and don't know how the car runs imho. Start slow and build up to higher speeds gradually, ...you'll learn more that way and it will cost you less in the pocket overall as crashes can be expensive.

It's also dangerous if you don't know what you're doing with a 6kg missile doing over 100mph.
He has another thread asking this question. It is actually an infraction V2 with 2.8 diffs so the 34/27 would be gearing for 170mph...
I recommended starting with 39t spur and 24t pinion.

He has another thread asking this question. It is actually an infraction V2 with 2.8 diffs so the 34/27 would be gearing for 170mph...
I recommended starting with 39t spur and 24t pinion.
Yep sensible, ...OR use my suggested gearing start point for the Limitless on his Infraction and no doubt smash it to pieces in spectacular fashion first time out. :unsure::LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back