5687 in a Limitless, what gearing ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep sensible, ...OR use my suggested gearing start point for the Limitless on his Infraction and no doubt smash it to pieces in spectacular fashion first time out. :unsure::LOL:
Even my 39/24 with 2.8 diffs is likely to hit 120-130 and for anyone new to this segment of the hobby will likely smash to pieces :ROFLMAO:
Maybe we should change the name from speed running to constantly crashing or something similar?! LOL

Hi fellas, I wasn’t aware if the issues with the to 56 series motors while running with xlx2/mmx8s and k already ordered the tp 6polemotor! Are there issues with this setup still??

The 'tiny' issue is not 56 motors or tp specifically.

XLX2/mmx8s can face sync issues at high rpms at 6 poles because it has to count 6 poles per rpm rather then 4 (or 2).
The motor will run perfect until it hits ~25k rpms (under load) where it could hesitate some. 6-poles with <1400kv @ 8S keep the rpms low enough for it not to occure.

I am not sure if it's been fixed by newer hardware versions. There have not been any firmware updates

I just built a limitless V2 with Hobbywing max 6 G2 (200 amp) and Hobbywing 5690 G2 1250kv sensored. The smallest pinion that will mesh with the stock 39 spool is 39t pinion. So it’s 1:1 on 8s. I thought it would be too much but it seems ok with punch on 5 and throttle end point (travel) turned down to 70%. 149 F degrees with no fans on motor. Maybe I can pop in some fans and turn throttle end point up?

I just built a limitless V2 with Hobbywing max 6 G2 (200 amp) and Hobbywing 5690 G2 1250kv sensored. The smallest pinion that will mesh with the stock 39 spool is 39t pinion. So it’s 1:1 on 8s. I thought it would be too much but it seems ok with punch on 5 and throttle end point (travel) turned down to 70%. 149 F degrees with no fans on motor. Maybe I can pop in some fans and turn throttle end point up?
fyi, that gearing and motor kv is about 142 mph if you turn the throttle epa to 100% :ROFLMAO:

fyi, that gearing and motor kv is about 142 mph if you turn the throttle epa to 100% :ROFLMAO:
Wow! Maybe I’ll keep it as is. Whatever it is now it’s enough lol. Did this to a R888 tire in second run.

IMG_4226.jpeg

I've not seen speedrun results of the G2 versions of the max6 but i assume with 8S/200A (~7kw) It will not exceed 130mph

It's a very nice combo to burn rubber. It won't perform any less if you dail the punch back to 0 and have your finger decide the accelleration.

1:1 gearing on 8S with 1250kv and GT spec tires is high but not extreme. I would put the end point to a 100% (unless you are still getting used to controlling a beast like this), but temperature wise there is no reason to hold it back.
Unless you are in a hot place like Death Valley or run through several packs (and likely tires) without a break, you won't really need extra fans on the motor. If you constantly push it to its max speed (thus speedrunning) it's allways wise to take cooldown breaks between runs.

I've not seen speedrun results of the G2 versions of the max6 but i assume with 8S/200A (~7kw) It will not exceed 130mph

It's a very nice combo to burn rubber. It won't perform any less if you dail the punch back to 0 and have your finger decide the accelleration.

1:1 gearing on 8S with 1250kv and GT spec tires is high but not extreme. I would put the end point to a 100% (unless you are still getting used to controlling a beast like this), but temperature wise there is no reason to hold it back.
Unless you are in a hot place like Death Valley or run through several packs (and likely tires) without a break, you won't really need extra fans on the motor. If you constantly push it to its max speed (thus speedrunning) it's allways wise to take cooldown breaks between runs.
Thanks! Yes I am still getting used to it. All my other rigs are 35 lb 1/5 scales. I’m not too interested in speed runs. More just bashing around and doughnuts. I ordered the silver compound Hoons which I’m assuming those will last longer and have less grip for drifting and burnouts? I was thinking lower throttle and higher punch for drifting and doughnuts?

Thanks! Yes I am still getting used to it. All my other rigs are 35 lb 1/5 scales. I’m not too interested in speed runs. More just bashing around and doughnuts. I ordered the silver compound Hoons which I’m assuming those will last longer and have less grip for drifting and burnouts? I was thinking lower throttle and higher punch for drifting and doughnuts?
Punch just means you have less accurate throttle control. Compared to a 1/5 scale it has a much higher power to weight ratio, so yeah its a different kind of beast to get used to.

I am no hoons expert. Silvers should hold out a little longer, but i went straight to GRP's and never returned to hoons.

Is anyone aware of a spool gear larger than 39t or a pinion that can modified for that? I’m really not trying to put a center diff in it and would be nice to gear this thing down a bit.

Punch just means you have less accurate throttle control. Compared to a 1/5 scale it has a much higher power to weight ratio, so yeah its a different kind of beast to get used to.

I am no hoons expert. Silvers should hold out a little longer, but i went straight to GRP's and never returned to hoons.
I found a company that makes bigger spools complete for the limitless v2. I just put in the 42T. Judging by the pic, do you have any guess how much bigger I can go without hitting the chassis?
IMG_4480.jpeg

I found a company that makes bigger spools complete for the limitless v2. I just put in the 42T. Judging by the pic, do you have any guess how much bigger I can go without hitting the chassis?View attachment 331595
I think 48 is the largest i've ever fitted on the spur of my lim v1& fireteam (pps mount not org) Mostly smaller as my aim was speed.
Optically i'd say 45-46 max though. You can always raise center a few mm (some sheet or 3d print) if required.

I looked at those but it looks like you have to drill those through to put the pin in. This company makes them complete in lightweight or heavy duty and red loctite ready to go. There is no way a 56t would fit in the spool brace, I’m actually doubting a 46t with fit in there as I have a 42t now with about 2mm clearance to chassis 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://www.speedtekrc.com/product-...liminator-heavy-duty-speed-spool-complete-46t

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back