56mm heatsink

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LicketySplit

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 6s
Slim pickings it seems for the 56mm size. I have a TP 5650 1440kv on my basher limitless and it gets quite warm. Running 47S/26P. In a perfect world I'd like it to accommodate 2 40mm fans. I have a fan mount but was looking to replace that with a heatsink.

These arw the ones I had noticed the other day when looking for 42mm ones.

Power Hobbies Powerhobby Aluminum Motor Mount 30-40MM for Twister Fans (56-58MM) https://a.co/d/izl994Q

And could you make this one fit?
Powerhobby 1/5 Twin Motor Cooling/Heat Sink Fan with Housing 55mm : Fits Arrma Kraton/Outcast 8s Castle Creations 800KV / 1100kv Motor https://a.co/d/0lwn9eV

Powerhobby makes this dude here for $15. https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...motor-cooling-heat-sink-fan-with-housing-55mm
1659579495469.png

Surpass makes these dudes here. On Amazon for $37. https://amz.run/5pYQ
1659579541016.png

Those server fans do big plays if you hook em up to a 3s battery. I was always under the impression the fan mounts worked better than heatsinks though. Im still surprised your 5650 1440 seems to run so hot. I finally got my 5650 1720 sensored motor and now i'm just waiting to toss it in the new limitless. Hoping I don't see temps like yours lol. I'm definitely going to add server fans with 3s battery to it though.

I was always under the impression the fan mounts worked better than heatsinks though.
Maybe on motors with built in heat sinks like HW and castle. I dunno. Having larger cooling fins, or any at all for that matter, should cool things down more. I may slap some thermal paste or tape on first before adding the heat sink to help with heat transfer. Keep in mind where I live. It’s swamp ass weather. Around 90F or higher and probably 90% or higher humidity.

Maybe on motors with built in heat sinks like HW and castle. I dunno. Having larger cooling fins, or any at all for that matter, should cool things down more. I may slap some thermal paste or tape on first before adding the heat sink to help with heat transfer. Keep in mind where I live. It’s swamp ass weather. Around 90F or higher and probably 90% or higher humidity.
Put one of these in your car. At least it'll be dry on the inside :LOL:
1659614210635.png

I like the PH one because it sleeves the motor and forces the air to go across the motor and out the bottom. Always seemed like a great design to me. I also take out their fans and cut their fan protectors off and mount the 40mm fans on top of it instead of inside

I like the PH one because it sleeves the motor and forces the air to go across the motor and out the bottom. Always seemed like a great design to me. I also take out their fans and cut their fan protectors off and mount the 40mm fans on top of it instead of inside
I went with the Surpass once since the 5650 is short. I think the PH probably wouldn’t fit too well. I’ll probably swap out the fans for the ones I have now.

I went with the Surpass once since the 5650 is short. I think the PH probably wouldn’t fit too well. I’ll probably swap out the fans for the ones I have now.
ahhh yeah thats true. Forgot you were using the shorty. Good call

My biggest issue with most of the heatsinks nowadays is that they really prevent air from moving "across" the can. All fins on these heatsinks typically run longitudinal, but what you really need is a top mounted fan with fins that run circumferential (think the fins on HW and castle motors) so you could have more air movement across more surface area. Essentially with the surpass heatsink, you're only going to get to the fan to transfer heat at the top surface where the fan is attached.

I've yet to see many heatsinks doing the circumferential fin style.

My biggest issue with most of the heatsinks nowadays is that they really prevent air from moving "across" the can. All fins on these heatsinks typically run longitudinal, but what you really need is a top mounted fan with fins that run circumferential (think the fins on HW and castle motors) so you could have more air movement across more surface area. Essentially with the surpass heatsink, you're only going to get to the fan to transfer heat at the top surface where the fan is attached.

I've yet to see many heatsinks doing the circumferential fin style.
For that reason I’m gonna see if I can stagger the fans. Use two mounting holes on one side and the opposite two on the other. Then the fans will blow down the sides also. Not sure if I’ll have the space but I’ll try. At least maybe get one off to the side.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back