Kraton 5min with T-bone Bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayWalk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
This is what happened after 5min with my new T-bone bumper. This was the rear bumper and broke after a stair jump...not even a crash. Landed on the wheels.

Hopefully a warranty replacement will be on the way.

Attachments

• 20190427_145829.jpg
    20190427_145829.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 20190427_150048.jpg
    20190427_150048.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 96
You can clearly see that something was catching on the bumper as evident by the giant gouges in it, if you only ran it for 5 min that was a rough 5 min.

if you only ran it for 5 min that was a rough 5 min.

Seriously- guy titles the post to make it sound like a faulty part, only 5 minutes then he posts a picture of the part looking like it was dragged over a cheese grater.

5 minutes in hell apparently. ;)

Time for an aluminum skid plate over the front and rear.

Seriously- guy titles the post to make it sound like a faulty part, only 5 minutes then he posts a picture of the part looking like it was dragged over a cheese grater.

5 minutes in hell apparently. ;)

Time for an aluminum skid plate over the front and rear.
Right?

I was jumping off 5 stairs in my driveway. The car bottomed out and made the scratches on some asphalt. Less than 4 feet high (probably only 3). Te rear bumper may have hit the last stair a few times. Hardly hell!

What are your stairs made of grated steel? This is my 1 year old t bone bumper that has been beaten like a redheaded step child. It's seen rocks, concrete, asphalt, dirt and mud and doesn't look anywhere near as bad as your 5 min on asphalt.
15564714484395309463866550612831.jpg

Last edited:
Wood/brick. They are railroad ties with brick in between that lead to an asphalt driveway. Again for everyone saying that this is "hell" for an RC I would dispute that. I launch my 1/16th e-revo off them all the time also.

Scratches or not, the bumper should have some flex and not just snap from a bottoming out landing.

Wood/brick. They are railroad ties with brick in between that lead to an asphalt driveway. Again for everyone saying that this is "hell" for an RC I would dispute that. I launch my 1/16th e-revo off them all the time also.

Scratches or not, the bumper should have some flex and not just snap from a bottoming out landing.
Dude again those aren't scratches those are gouges. Huge difference. My bumper has scratches in it. The bumper got caught on something and that caused the failure, not the car bottoming out on the asphalt.

The only other thing that can cause a break like that is landing straight on the bumper repeatedly.

Either way whatever you are hitting stop hitting it. Remember the Kraton has a lot more mass than the Merv does and physics can be a real pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Take a picture and claim it with tbone. Easy peasy, they'll get another one to you. I like their wheelie bar bumper for the kraton. I made mine up and out of the way for more rear and wing protection. Had it since September and it still is working well. I have broken two typhon front bumpers. One across the bolts and one the bolts pulled thru the holes. Also broke a tb outcast wheelie bar. It happens, send in a claim and get a new bumper...they are still good bumpers and really the only ones that make a large variety of front and rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back