Outcast 5S lipo on BLX185 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikingRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow rc.... lipo series question.

I tried to run in series on my blx185
1x 2S 5200 50c lectron pro
1x 3S 5200 50c lectron pro
to make 5S....nope.

It ran a few secs than shut down? Twice. Had to switch off esc to reset.

But it runs perfect 2x2S or 2x3S just fine. Same with single 2S or 3S or 4S just fine with circuit plug.

Will it run a single 5S ?

(Just wondering.... i think 6S is a little too much lol. Even 4S is plenty power range. )

Hi fellow rc.... lipo series question.

I tried to run in series on my blx185
1x 2S 5200 50c lectron pro
1x 3S 5200 50c lectron pro
to make 5S....nope.

It ran a few secs than shut down? Twice. Had to switch off esc to reset.

But it runs perfect 2x2S or 2x3S just fine. Same with single 2S or 3S or 4S just fine with circuit plug.

Will it run a single 5S ?

(Just wondering.... i think 6S is a little too much lol. Even 4S is plenty power range. )
You have to run in NIMH mode and you will longer have LVC protection. You will need to run your own.

The esc doesn't know how to do the math for 5 cells, so it's assuming your running 6 and it's at LVC voltage. It can handle 4 or 6, but not 5 using the average voltage to figure out LVC. As suggested, you switch the esc to NiMH mode which disables the LVC, but it will allow you to run the packs completely dead, which will damage them. Then also as mentioned, you have to use an external monitor.

Thank you for all your logical feedback. I agree.

3S. 50C at punch 8-9 is still fun offroad with correct gearing.

4S @ 7 more so with quicker reflexes. Spektrum stx2 transmitter acceptable yet not ideal.

6S is way nuts and breaks things... need more open space.

I know people would do that on revo's and savage's to try and get a bit more power/speed without shredding the diffs with 6S. Haven't seen it much on arrma's trucks.
6s doesn't shred diffs, people’s lack of driving skills does!
Thank you for all your logical feedback. I agree.

3S. 50C at punch 8-9 is still fun offroad with correct gearing.

4S @ 7 more so with quicker reflexes. Spektrum stx2 transmitter acceptable yet not ideal.

6S is way nuts and breaks things... need more open space.
You don’t have to go full throttle all the time! Hell if I’m in a small space I don’t hit full throttle period, I go half throttle and the truck handles like 3s lol

You don’t have to go full throttle all the time! Hell if I’m in a small space I don’t hit full throttle period, I go half throttle and the truck handles like 3s lol
Yes, but limiting the max electronically makes those who don't yet have trigger discipline is a way to have fun until they do. You could likely do the same by dialing down the punch and setting your throttle EPA to 75% or something as well, if your able to do that on your radio.

After running nitro for nearly 20 years, I was so used to pinning the throttle all the time that if I started off with 6S... I would have destroyed everything a lot. So starting with 2S in my 1/10 and 4S in my 1/8 helped me learn without spending a ton of bench time wrenching and money due to my inability to control my trigger finger.

I'm still not great, but I run 6S in both my savage flux hp and my outcast with 3S in my 1/10th trucks. I'll continue to run 4S in my ERBEv1 though as the plastic slider axles don't hold up well to even 4S power. I may get a V2 roller down the line and transplant my electronics so I can run 6S in it as well and get rid of my 2S packs I keep around for it.

Now i know this:

Run NIHM mode ? have a 3.3v lipo alarm ?

These cars is way to fast drive 6s i have seen on Youtube.
4s will be best for me.
5s is something i believe can work also good when driving in bigger areas.
6s is always 222 sick.
They also overheat easy i believe .

5s is between lower and the highest.
I believe many like it there.

Nihm mode, and lipo alarm guard , then you make this ?

Thanks to all. And big up for VIKING RC who start this threat.

AWSOME
now i feel good :)

because 4s can be . NAAH in big places.
6s is tooooo much
5s will be AWSOME i believe.
Lets see later

Now i need buy 1 5s lipo , and also Lipo guard with loud siren :)
Run nihm mode
SIMPLE :)

Do i need buy programmer card? what type ?

great :)

Yes, but limiting the max electronically makes those who don't yet have trigger discipline is a way to have fun until they do. You could likely do the same by dialing down the punch and setting your throttle EPA to 75% or something as well, if your able to do that on your radio.

After running nitro for nearly 20 years, I was so used to pinning the throttle all the time that if I started off with 6S... I would have destroyed everything a lot. So starting with 2S in my 1/10 and 4S in my 1/8 helped me learn without spending a ton of bench time wrenching and money due to my inability to control my trigger finger.

I'm still not great, but I run 6S in both my savage flux hp and my outcast with 3S in my 1/10th trucks. I'll continue to run 4S in my ERBEv1 though as the plastic slider axles don't hold up well to even 4S power. I may get a V2 roller down the line and transplant my electronics so I can run 6S in it as well and get rid of my 2S packs I keep around for it.
Watching YouTube videos I knew what I was getting into when I bought a cpl 3s batteries for my outcast’s first run. I was afraid to hit full throttle

Now i know this:

4s will be best for me.
6s is always 222 sick.

AWSOME

6s is tooooo much
Lets see later

Run nihm mode

No need for a program card because they really won't contribute much with the stock esc. I have one but easy enough to manually tune the esc with beeps and the button.

It does make sense, on my Talion thats what I prefer,4S is a little anemic, 6S is way too much, and 5S is about right. I set the ESC to NIHM and have had no problems.

But my 5S are toast, so am using 4S and 6S from the EDFs.

Attachments

• 20190718_194858.jpg
    20190718_194858.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 37
Now i know this:

4s will be best for me.
6s is always 222 sick.

AWSOME

6s is tooooo much
Lets see later

Run nihm mode

Agreed. Depending on space...adjust power source and reflexes....cars...trees (yesterday at 45mph ish)

Ok. [Despite 40mph tree escapade this week... new rear hub replaced... amazing really... All bearing cleaned and lithium greased.... back to smooth running.

Tested on 3S 50C 6 punch.... very smooth... very fast. 2600kv geared 45T 14T 1.0 mod... barely luke warm and its 98 ambient outside. )

ANYWAY.. i cannot get my BLX185 to register NiMh mode to test out 5S lol... whatever.

??? Variable 1 right? 1 beep = lipo. 2 beeps nimh. Curious...? If not no big deal.

any ideas...
2S 50C 5200 + 3S 50C 5200 = 5S... EC5 in series.

Attachments

• 20190724_201932.jpg
    20190724_201932.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190724_202805.jpg
    20190724_202805.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 36
Oh man... get yourself a first generation e revo and try and drive it on 6 cell lipo. While it is possible, as soon as you try to have some fun with hard acceleration, you can actually hear the tooth chip when you get on the gas too hard... but yeah in most other trucks, lack of driver skill will kill diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back