Talion 5s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BLX185 will not do 5s. It will go into low voltage mode.
If you have the actual hobbywing stuff though, they say you can do 5S or 7S by choosing Auto Calculate & turn LVC off. I've ran 7S on my Max6 for limited runs (less than 5 minutes) as I had a miss matched 4S & 3S battery (different mah & C ratings). I do want to get another 4S exactly like my other one so I can do 8S should I ever want. ?

The BLX185 will not do 5s. It will go into low voltage mode.
If you have a V2 BLX185 you can put it in NiMH mode and disable LVC. V3 and V4 do not have this variable. The printed manuals still show this option, but it isn’t actually available.

If you have the actual hobbywing stuff though, they say you can do 5S or 7S by choosing Auto Calculate & turn LVC off. I've ran 7S on my Max6 for limited runs (less than 5 minutes) as I had a miss matched 4S & 3S battery (different mah & C ratings). I do want to get another 4S exactly like my other one so I can do 8S should I ever want. ?
Don't mix new and old batteries.
The older battery will have a smaller capacity(mah not volts) than the new one, the old battery will deplete faster, and since the esc only detects the entire pack voltage and not individual cells the older battery will have a chance of being below LVC while the new pack is still above at the end of a run, this in turn can cause damage to the older battery.
When running batteries in series both batteries must be from the same manufacturer, the same capacity, the same c rate and the same age.

Don't mix new and old batteries.
The older battery will have a smaller capacity(mah not volts) than the new one, the old battery will deplete faster, and since the esc only detects the entire pack voltage and not individual cells the older battery will have a chance of being below LVC while the new pack is still above at the end of a run, this in turn can cause damage to the older battery.
When running batteries in series both batteries must be from the same manufacturer, the same capacity, the same c rate and the same age.
That's why I said "Very limited running", and why I also said I wanted another 4S matching battery.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back