6 Months and $1500 dollars later I think I'm hooked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Mom always said "Drive like a Maniac"
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Granite Grom
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
  9. Typhon 6s
Got my Granite back in Oct and just got a Typhon 3s,. So 2 cars, 3 sets of batteries and a charger, tools, repairs and do-dads and what nots = about $1500. I'm not complaining it's a fun hobby and I enjoy it. I know I'm on the low end of things but having fun is #1

Got my Granite back in Oct and just got a Typhon 3s,. So 2 cars, 3 sets of batteries and a charger, tools, repairs and do-dads and what nots = about $1500. I'm not complaining it's a fun hobby and I enjoy it. I know I'm on the low end of things but having fun is #1

I purchased my Senton last week...haven't even taken delivery of it yet, and I'm now about $1000 in...so I know how you feel...only I haven't driven mine yet LOL I purchased a new radio/reciever, 3 3S lipos, all the upgraded and suggested parts from the folks here on the forum and I don't regret it for a second...my son and I can bash together now and that's worth every penny to me. I joked in an earlier post that I hope they have AA meetings (Arrmas Anonymous) near me. Such a great hobby to be a part of...and the folks here are top notch?

I got my Kraton 6s about 3 Weeks ago bought used with some decent upgrades. Also 2 5000mah 3s lipo batteries and a charger for $760 CAD since then I've gone and spent about another $500 CAD in parts tools and accessories for it. I don't have a single regret.. except maybe blowing up my front tire driving across a big patch of water lol totally my fault tho I didn't know much about venting tires or my own RC at the time. But now I'm hooked and totally loving it ♥️ Bash On Fam ?

Yea... That was me when I got the Mojave. 1 truck and 2 batteries... $930 US. New charger and power supply... $400. Another new battery $100. Chassis and related upgrades $300. I'm glad my wife is forgiving haha

$1500? I've spent about $6000 in that same time frame ?.

I got my Kraton 6s about 3 Weeks ago bought used with some decent upgrades. Also 2 5000mah 3s lipo batteries and a charger for $760 CAD since then I've gone and spent about another $500 CAD in parts tools and accessories for it. I don't have a single regret.. except maybe blowing up my front tire driving across a big patch of water lol totally my fault tho I didn't know much about venting tires or my own RC at the time. But now I'm hooked and totally loving it ♥ Bash On Fam ?
Venting tires? What happened

Venting tires? What happened
The tires I had were NOT vented. Water got inside.. Long story short the water had nowhere else to go and blew apart my front right stock tire. I've since upgraded to DBOOTS Backflip MT couldn't get the LPs :-( and didn't want to wait.. Paid extra for next day shipping and was back out ripping it up the next day

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back