60mph !!!!! I’m so mad !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psmokDu87

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
What did I do wrong please I need to be doing at least 80mph!!!!!
-46t differential (infraction one)
-27 pinion stock
-Blx 6s 2050kv stock motor
-150 firma esc punch 9 everything else stock besides braking on the programming part .
-1 4s spektrum lipo 16.8 100c 5000mah with jumper.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's your setup. Your actually lucky you even hit 60 on 4s with the 27/46 gearing. You need to put a 34t spool in and should maybe get you to 75ish. 80 you need to run like 30/34 gearing on 4s

With your setup I assume your goal is bashing and not speed runningindeed.
If you wanna keep the center diff and be able to hit 80mph, you better go to 6S.

With 4S is not gonna give you:
- the rpm's (guessing 20k now)
- much room for higher gearing with a 150A esc

Using your current set up if you want to be doing around 80mph keeping everything the same (bar your pinion gear) you're going to need a motor pinion gear of at least 38T if not more.

As @rotauq said if you want to keep everything the same (gears/motor wise) then you'd need a 6S lipo to get near 80mph odd.

Try playing with your set up using this RC calculator for a rough estimate: https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/
Just in case you don't know so you can input the data correctly the Limitless has a 13T diff pinion and a 43T diff spur. The Dboots Hoons are 100mm diameter. Everything else you know.

Your fan setup looks...interesting :)
Lol I know I got creative
Your fan setup looks...interesting :)
Lol I know I got creative
It's your setup. Your actually lucky you even hit 60 on 4s with the 27/46 gearing. You need to put a 34t spool in and should maybe get you to 75ish. 80 you need to run like 30/34 gearing on 4s
You mean 1 4s right? I’m I got two 3s ic5 I’m waiting for them in the mail 5200 mah 80c discharge what do you think ?
If you wanna keep the center diff and be able to hit 80mph, you better go to 6S.

What do you think I have a 33 pinion mod1 and the stock spur 34 or 46t differential?

Thank you that’s what I was thinking I have two 3s 5200mah 80c will that do with everything the same?

Last edited:
Using your current set up if you want to be doing around 80mph keeping everything the same (bar your pinion gear) you're going to need a motor pinion gear of at least 38T if not more.

As @rotauq said if you want to keep everything the same (gears/motor wise) then you'd need a 6S lipo to get near 80mph odd.

Try playing with your set up using this RC calculator for a rough estimate: https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/
Just in case you don't know so you can input the data correctly the Limitless has a 13T diff pinion and a 43T diff spur. The Dboots Hoons are 100mm diameter. Everything else you know.
Thanks man appreciate it I’m definitely using this !
If your running 4s why you got 5 lbs of fans on a 2050? 🤷‍♂️
Lmao I bought the batteries 4s by mistake it gets a bit toasty in there tho

I’m need to the hobby so I take all the advice I can cool it’s going to wired different once I have 3s dual pack lipos o won’t need the adapter.
New***

My 6s v3 typhon hit 91mph running 29/46 3s packs 5000 50c 2200 mmx esc, diffs are 100/500/60 I might add a 34t spool or 39t spur idk what I want to do but I know im doing rocket ish 😂
Your typhon is lighter and the mmx doesn't cutoff at 150A.
What do you think I have a 33 pinion mod1 and the stock spur 34 or 46t differential?

Thank you that’s what I was thinking I have two 3s 5200mah 80c will that do with everything the same?
With a 33p/46s on 4S you might hit 70mph, but you will be close to the 150A esc limit, 27p/34s will definitely hit your esc limit.

2X 3S 5200mah will definitely give you more rpm's and more room in load (less amps per watt) 27p/46s will give you 80mph, 33p/46s might give you 90mps

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back