Kraton 60mph kraton+concrete curb=bent chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcDaddy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My kraton is less than 2 weeks old so the other night in 20 degree temps i decided to take my truck for a late night run at the local shopping plazas empty parking lot. Long story short as well lit as parking lot was i wacked a curb head on full throttle. Needless to say i had not installed my brand new rpm bumper. The collision was vicious!!! Somehow all that broke was front suspension mount and unfortunately the chassis under front diff bent and twisted some. Im hoping for some suggestions on straighening the chassis because im impatient my talion is lonely and i need it running with hopefully minimal amount of work. New suspension mount and battery tray will be here monday. Please tell me i can straighten chassis and if so what is the best way. Sick i am

I would invest in a new chassis tbh.....you could simply hammer it back but once you have done that it is now a lot weaker than it was when new. Aluminium does not retain its strength after it being bent. Believe me ive tried it before with my trophy buggy, every time i straightened it, it would then bend in the same spot after only light bashing......New chassis is the way forward.

I vote hammer flat. Get it back on the road. Then order a new chassis to install later.

If the chassis has a crease, then yeah, it is done. If it is a smooth bend, you won't lose much strength.

I agree! New chassis is pretty cheap. Might want to invest in some headlights as well.;)
Funny i installed headlights before i ever installed a battery!!!

Yea i should of posted pics. Update- used a couple clamps installed new suspension mount and rpm bumper and my new baby is as good as new. Minus a few scratches you would never know it happened. Imagine i did that with e-revo id be out 700 bucks not 20. Nothin like an ARRMA!!!

I built 2 e revo brushless from a bare chassis. At that speed there would have been many pieces.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back