6500mAh Vs 8500mAh ?? Newbie needs help deciding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquiggFSM

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So, new to this, and looking on a bit of advice on battery choice for a Kraton 6s V4

gensacearespammers have some good deals on right now and I'm eyeing up pairs of their 3S Batteries, options are

3S 50/100C 8500mAh Weight: 523g
3S 60/120C 6500mAh Weight: 418g

My first reaction is just to get the larger capacity batteries, given they are such a good price right now, but it's the weight that is making me pause, in pairs its an extra 210g of for the larger capacity battery, would that make much of a difference to the handling?

What are people's thoughts?

Thanks!

I would go with around a 5000mah pack as anything bigger is just dead weight. You also get to cool off between packs and 5000mah is a decent run time for me.

I run 4000mAh 6s. Have two packs and it's enough for a solid bash session (would maybe go up to 6000 if the pack was relatively light and cheap).

But 8500 is asking fir trouble , and besides, are you sure you can fit 2 of them in the tray?

I would say 5000mah as well, I have one pair of big 7600mah honkers and they do affect handling to a degree.

I don't really time, but I'd say I get 10-15 mins of hard running with 5000mah. More if I'm light on the throttle, but that rarely happens . . .

I can bash for at least 15 mins on 5000mah packs. I just bring more packs if I want more runtime.

The Kraton is already heavy enough, adding even more weight is asking for trouble. I even run 4300mAh Lipos in my Typhon for this reason.

I vote for 5000mAh Lipos too, except a single 6S one. ;)

Having difficulty finding suitable 6S Lipos with a UK or EU supplier, one of the model shops here is recommending the 6500mAh I mentioned above, which is what put me on to gens-ace-r-spam batteries, then I noticed the 8500mAH on their site, which currently has a sale on, hence how i got to the question :)

Having difficulty finding suitable 6S Lipos with a UK or EU supplier, one of the model shops here is recommending the 6500mAh I mentioned above, which is what put me on to gens-ace-r-spam batteries, then I noticed the 8500mAH on their site, which currently has a sale on, hence how i got to the question :)
@BashingBrian coukd give you some tips as he’s currently shopping in the UK as well.

Last edited:
You might feel you saved 20 quid in mAh buying a 8500mAh Lipo.. but that saving will be wiped out by the first thing you break from the extra weight... I urge you to rethink.
Totally agree, 8500mAh is overkill and way too much extra weight..? I would aim for 4500-6000 max in a 6s battery..??

Hobbyking has a few good deals atm, also look at Ovonic's (google them as I can't remember the website.??)

Excellent - its Cheaper at £59 ;D
You can’t go wrong with Turnigy Graphene. Their Turnigy HD are usually cheaper and perfectly good for bashing. Usually the guys trying to do speed runs use the Turnigy Graphene Panther (green version).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back