'66 Ford for the Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
I bought this body as an impulse buy probably 6 months ago. The Proline '66 Ford, for Stampede. This weekend I finally got it painted.

I wanted it to look like an old truck. Main paint is a Pactra Lime Ice. The blue Tamiya light blue. The 'Primer' spots are Tamiya silver For the splater, there is black, white, silver, tan, copper, orange. This is all painted on the outside. Inside is a light mist of orange and copper, backed with Spaz Stix Chrome, backed with Tamiya silver - this is what you can see the inside of the bed - I didn't paint the outside of the bed.

Pics -

20180903_113430.jpg

20180903_113444.jpg

20180903_113513.jpg

20180902_223519.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job! It seems that’s the Proline Stampede bodies for the Granite pretty well.

Yeah, it fits pretty good. Body posts are different, of course. The narrow step behind the cab is a bit too narrow, it hangs on the chassis mud guard. Also, I had to trim the body front bumper around the truck bumper support.

Yeah, it fits pretty good. Body posts are different, of course. The narrow step behind the cab is a bit too narrow, it hangs on the chassis mud guard. Also, I had to trim the body front bumper around the truck bumper support.

I had to trim around the front bumper on the Raptor body I did. But all in all it was a decent fit.

I bought this body as an impulse buy probably 6 months ago. The Proline '66 Ford, for Stampede. This weekend I finally got it painted.

I wanted it to look like an old truck. Main paint is a Pactra Lime Ice. The blue Tamiya light blue. The 'Primer' spots are Tamiya silver For the splater, there is black, white, silver, tan, copper, orange. This is all painted on the outside. Inside is a light mist of orange and copper, backed with Spaz Stix Chrome, backed with Tamiya silver - this is what you can see the inside of the bed - I didn't paint the outside of the bed.

Pics -

Awe dang pics are missing I wanted to see the body.

Bummer.

@Jerry-rigged should have added the photo's to the thread instead of linking to an external site. ;):D
I did add them to the thread, using the "Attach files" button below. It is rare that I use an external host for photos these days...

I had this issue over at Teknoforums.com a while back. I would add photos, and a day or three later, I'd get the X.

I'll try to fix the pics above.

Which body posts did you use?

Has anybody tried this body on the outcast platform chassis I think there's only around 40mm difference on the wheelbase, I love that body would look killer on my next build

I think it would fit a Outcast 4s, but not a O6S. But I can check...
First, my Outcast has Talon chalk Towers. So it is lower profile than a regular Outkast. Second, the body is a bit narrow. It wants to fit inside the chassis mud guards, instead of outside. If you have a full-height outcast, the body will probably stop short of the mud guards, so it might not be an issue, but will still look a bit odd. Last, the body is short. You will need to chop the tailgate, and use the body mounts in front of the rear shock Tower. Seems lots of people are doing this on various bodies, if you like the look then it should work for you. I don't really like the look of the rear wheel wells being in the middle of the chassis though.

Attachments

• 20200626_111254.jpg
    20200626_111254.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200626_111305.jpg
    20200626_111305.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Has anybody tried this body on the outcast platform chassis I think there's only around 40mm difference on the wheelbase, I love that body would look killer on my next build
I believe this body comes in two different sizes, one for 1/10 and one for 1/8. I could be wrong, but I got this body awhile ago and remember there being two sizes.

P.S. Gorgeous job Jerry-rigged. I haven't gotten around to painting it yet, but your Granite definitely influenced my choice.

On what I found its Listed as 257mm wheelbase, nowhere near, cant find same shell for 8th prob go for a c10 on my bit of everything build ?‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back