Felony 68 ss tail pan under construction..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Well I felt the felony left much to be desired in the rear section of the body.. I figured I'd start modeling a 68 ss tail pan..?

This is the first portion of the design, a bunch more to come... still have to model in the reverse light housings on the lower section of the pan..

The next part is molding it into the lower skirt or the diffuser itself and deleting the skirt.. I'm planning for the latter ...?.. but either way the pan will extend down to the back of the rear wheels to fill that huge gap between the body and the lower skirt section...

I popped what I have now out quick out of some garbage filament I had laying around so I could check the body fitment, and I have to say it's Perdy darn close...?

Can't wait to see this thing wrapped up... just wanted to share what I've gotten done so far..✌

20200902_151540.jpg

Here is a picture of the body installed, with the factory lexan skirt removed..the idea would be to blend the tail pan into the diffuser...?

20200902_161644.jpg

Killing the 3D modeling/printing game again my friend ?

Thanks brother.. this one has been alot of fun to model.. them dang soft spots in my heart for an old maro has me loving this project...?

Awesome job, really nice improvement. I can't wait to see this one completed!

Thanks man, I think its gonna look real nice when it's all done.. I was also thinking of making a new diffuser center panel, and modeling the cut out for that factory fake exhaust..?

Well finally had some time to throw at the tail pan design.. couple more tweaks and I think I'll be there.. but I do like how it is progressing for sure...?.. all I had left for pla was clear.. I just hit it with some white spray bomb to get the shape to contrast against the black..that way I can see what's going on better... that clear stuff sucks for prototyping!...???

20200907_230014.jpg

20200907_230010.jpg

20200907_230111.jpg

20200907_230038.jpg

Thanks man.. its definitely starting to take shape.. I figure 1 or 2 more goes at it and I should have it rounded out.. the fine tuning is soooooo time consuming.. but so far, I feel any time I put in is worth it.. I think it's going to look great blacked out and stickered up...?

Well finally had some time to throw at the tail pan design.. couple more tweaks and I think I'll be there.. but I do like how it is progressing for sure...?.. all I had left for pla was clear.. I just hit it with some white spray bomb to get the shape to contrast against the black..that way I can see what's going on better... that clear stuff sucks for prototyping!...???

View attachment 98977

View attachment 98978

View attachment 98979

View attachment 98980

I'm not an onroad guy, but this makes me wanny buy a Felony and start doing it! Some red angel eye LED's in it -> Killer look

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back