Vorteks 6s Arrma, CoRally Hybrid Mini Basher video added

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That stinks it's too narrow but hey perfect shelf body for it🤩 I bet the C10 body would look really good also. Surprised the Vorteks body fits but the Ford body is too narrow.
The ford body works it is just stretched wide. I might try a c10, I like that body I made for the oc, pretty sure the smaller one is the same,

Love the build, great colour scheme the white and blue looks super retro. My f100 body is the same have to stretch it wide to make it fit but they look real nice, top job 👏 👍

This thing is easily becoming one of my favorites. It fits on the front seat of the truck, can run 3-6s, heavy enough to stay planted, turns tight and runs cool as could be with no fans. Had it out a couple times now with nothing breaking. A rock got caught in my nice aluminum dog bone and scratch rings around it...
On bare dirt and pavement it is tons of fun, grass is ok. I’m hoping they make the typhon 6s katars belted like the talion exb. They would be perfect. Still running the badlands and they haven’t blown up yet. Kind of liking the look of them.
I don’t have the heart to run the ford body. All the shoe goo in the world will not keep it from cracking apart on the first run. I just know from experience these bodies do not hold up. The only proline body I ever had hold up on a basher is the 1/8 56 ford which is thicker. They discontinued it for some reason. Still have a 56 but it’s a sct body...

This thing is easily becoming one of my favorites. It fits on the front seat of the truck, can run 3-6s, heavy enough to stay planted, turns tight and runs cool as could be with no fans. Had it out a couple times now with nothing breaking. A rock got caught in my nice aluminum dog bone and scratch rings around it...
On bare dirt and pavement it is tons of fun, grass is ok. I’m hoping they make the typhon 6s katars belted like the talion exb. They would be perfect. Still running the badlands and they haven’t blown up yet. Kind of liking the look of them.
I don’t have the heart to run the ford body. All the shoe goo in the world will not keep it from cracking apart on the first run. I just know from experience these bodies do not hold up. The only proline body I ever had hold up on a basher is the 1/8 56 ford which is thicker. They discontinued it for some reason. Still have a 56 but it’s a sct body...
Do you run it at 4S or 6S?

Finally finished 👍🏼 so many cool details it's such an awesome build 😍 I so wish I had a machine shop like yours..!!
What's the next project then 😉

I loved reading through this thread!!! What a great build!! We need some bashing video’s!!

Very impressed. Congratulations on completing it…. Can’t wait to see your next build…

You just wouldn't believe how much time I've put into making this thing....Suspension mounts are done as well as the shock towers. Now I have to make body mounts and work some bugs out. Not sure about a wing. I can always add a tekno mount dtr. I might use typhon shocks instead of these...Heres a few lame pics. Once it's done I'll try and post a video but I really struggle with that.

View attachment 160721

View attachment 160722

View attachment 160723

View attachment 160724

View attachment 160725
If you made CVDs/Driveshafts of that quality and styling for other rigs like the 6S line (Talion or Kraton) you'd make a killing!! You could almost name your price...I'd pay it.

If you made CVDs/Driveshafts of that quality and styling for other rigs like the 6S line (Talion or Kraton) you'd make a killing!! You could almost name your price...I'd pay it.
Thanks but I barely have time to make this stuff for myself. its very time consuming the way I do it. If I were younger and single I would possibly get a real shop together. Very expensive to do for production and at my age I would just rather work for someone else and not have the headaches.
Finally finished 👍🏼 so many cool details it's such an awesome build 😍 I so wish I had a machine shop like yours..!!
What's the next project then 😉
Thanks, I really put a lot of thought into it. I saw @TpPartsRcXtreme build his siren a couple years back, so certainly he gets the credit for the idea. I think the corally chassis layout is better than using an Arrma for these reasons, leaves a little more room for the esc to set on the chassis and not up high on the center dif and also narrower when you use it and the arrma side tubs (corally tubs are a bit wider). I may make a designated chassis from scratch to make the layout slightly narrower for more of 1/10 scale size and body options.
As for my little shop, its really a proto type shop not built for production at all. The machines kind of came to me from being in the business. Places I work getting rid of clapped out machines and me buying them at scrap price. I bring them home and recondition good enough for what I do. Had more machines years ago while I was still living at home. When I married I sold some equipment because we just didn't have the space.
Next project might be my Mojave. I bought a used exb from a forum member a few weeks ago. Not sure what I will do with it. right now I'm just running as is. Pretty dialed for its weight so I don't think id want it any heavier. Maybe make a set of carbon braces and towers like my talion has. The Rocket 4585 1580kv motor is perfect for it.
I loved reading through this thread!!! What a great build!! We need some bashing video’s!!

Very impressed. Congratulations on completing it…. Can’t wait to see your next build…
Thanks, it was a lot of fun to come up with and make happen. Making videos is no my strong suit. Ive made a few but nothing really worth watching. Theres an epic bash spot about an 1 1/2 hours away where I may try to video a little. I don't own a computer, I use my ipad and phone for everything so editing is a challenge. Hopefully get out there soon.
Its almost crawling season for me (bugs are gone in the woods soon...) so I don't know how much building will be getting done. Wife would love me to build her a new deck lol...I do have a few other builds where Ive made a lot of stuff in my other threads.

Cool. Thanks. I got .080” but doesn’t seem durable enough. It has been good for things like mudguards etc.
I know the add says .125” but mines came in at .150 so I call it 4mm. I haven’t broke any of the Typhon style ones I’ve made. I think I’m running 3 of them. The material is a little stiffer than tbones stuff, not sure if that’s good or bad...

I built a trugified typhon and used the k4s for a body and also rebuilt a Force Muckraker with a lot of new old stock duratax racing parts along with my own carbon towers.

Body is not too bad in person and will fit what I’m trying to do. Might end up with the c10 or Ford 1/10 body eventually. Had to keep it looking like an Arrma to start.

So I’m going to go with CoRally diffs, housing, motor mount, servo/receiver mount, battery tray and python chassis, cut down. Arrma arms (mojo or typhon),links, axles, driveshafts, steering blocks, hubs, body and typhon tires. Force rc shocks, duratrax mounts and maybe a few other bits. I will fab up some bracing, suspension mounts, towers and esc mount.

You might wonder why cr diffs. Well, they are very good. Ring and input mesh is perfect with no play because of the much larger input bearing they use. The ring and input gears also have wider engagement area. The corally chassis are much narrower than Arrma yet everything fits so win win.

For electrics probably go with a blx 6s motor, max8 and what ever servo I have laying around. Still waiting on a few things to come in the mail. Once I get a layout mocked up I will post a couple pics.
I know this is old but I'm doing some idea cooking so are the armma and corrallys arms and diffs cross compatable and how about shock towers if you get this I appreciate the time if you know

Holy 💩 it’s been over 2 years… cannot believe how fast time goes when you get older JEESH!

Also, I forgot just how much I like this build.. so much time n effort… it’s BEAUTIFUL. Haha. Anywho. Hoping your well @Jimbobjr

I know this is old but I'm doing some idea cooking so are the armma and corrallys arms and diffs cross compatable and how about shock towers if you get this I appreciate the time if you know
Towers are not cross compatible. I just used the corally ones and i made a set of carbon as well. The arrma arms need a little work to use. front top arms need to be shortened a few mm and tapped deeper so the pillow balls can be tightened all the way. There might be a few other snags but nothing thats too crazy. I think the earlier post cover it all. The hard part of this build was making it so tiny, Its the size of the Vortex. Planning out the battery and servo were tricky. its really a fun car to drive, its bananas on 6s also fun with street tires.
Holy 💩 it’s been over 2 years… cannot believe how fast time goes when you get older JEESH!

Also, I forgot just how much I like this build.. so much time n effort… it’s BEAUTIFUL. Haha. Anywho. Hoping your well @Jimbobjr
Thanks Buddy, doing just fine, not bashing a whole lot but crawling more so. Also got back into motorcycles against better judgement...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back