6S Battery Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walking_target

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Talion
I have tried to find the answer for this but I am none the wiser and would appreciate some help.

On a 6S battery, does it make a difference if it is a lower C rating?

For instance, I usually run two 3S 50C 5000mah which are really affordable. Seems to be more expensive for a 6S single battery….am I being thick and naive?

For general bashing the cheaper variety of batteries are just fine. Anything rated 50c are better good for the 6s Arrmas. I’ve found it is not worth buying fancy batteries. Their life is no longer than the cheap Hobbystar, China hobby or ovonic batteries. Even with the most care a lipo can still die on you where another neglected battery will last for years. One of the fist 6s lipos I’ve ever owned is still going strong. It’s a 4500mah 35c hobbystar...lipo life is not really predictable, one will have great success with one brand and someone else will not...
As stated above 2 3s lipos can have its advantages. Also handy if you have a smaller 3s car or crawler so your bats can do double duty. I never liked having the extra connections in my 6s rigs though and some batteries will fit better than others.

I figure 2 x 3S is better. If one cell craps out you replace one cheaper battery instead of retiring an expensive 6S
I don't know that I'll ever go with a single 6s for just this reason.

I don't know that I'll ever go with a single 6s for just this reason.
Yea i rock out 2x 3s hardcase 100c spektrum's. As far as the c ratings go.. You will get 50/50 responses on that topic.. Some say u will see a difference others will say the esc will only draw what it wants and needs.. The only agreeable question on c rating is if its too low.. Too low c rating will overwork your electronics and wear on them faster!! My opinion.. I have a 50c too.. I think the 100 c is a little more lively!! Plus i like knowing that they have more than they will ever need!! Like your kid or pet!! 🤣🤣

On a 6S battery, does it make a difference if it is a lower C rating?
You want the highest C rating you can get for punch but the problem is manufacturers C rating are often more marketing than reality. If C rating was known to be accurate a very low rating would be fine for field charging off of or cruising in an RC. High C ratings for sending it.

I always say buy the highest C you can afford no matter the brand.

Some flyboys tested a shitload of batteries. They worked them into the sweet spot like 12 cycles and measured their discharge rates exhaustively in milliseconds.

Someone on this forum posted their findings.

I can't find that post now but it showed that there was literally zero difference in performance between spektrum 50c and 100c 3S batteries and their actual 'c' rating was middling at best at 25c .

The best rated batteries were turnigy, liperior and CHNL but the very best batteries were in the 40-45c range. Venom, Tattu, gensacearespammers and spektrum made up pretty much the worst performing besides zeee golbat and a few other banggood level batteries which were actually in the 15c range.

My point is: those manufacturer advertised ratings are total fabrications.

The one soft case 2S Liperior I own which was half the cost of a spektrum 50c outperforms the spektrum by every possible metric. It's advertised as 60c I think. It's longer than the hardcase spektrum and nearly as thick.

My thought is that smaller less capable LiPo cells are put into hard cases which don't dissipate heat as well and perform shittier.

Buying cheap batteries is not my thing but researching actual performance statistics was what led me to the Liperior.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back